In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need computer help

deer-hunter1deer-hunter1 Member Posts: 173 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
My laptop will not connect to my wireless internet. It cant find the ip address. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Your ip address is 72.8.249.101 but maybe your wifi is password protected.
  • Options
    deer-hunter1deer-hunter1 Member Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the computer was working as far as the internet goes and then it would not connect. My wireless is password protected but thats not the problem. Could it have lost the drivers or something else?
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by deer-hunter1
    the computer was working as far as the internet goes and then it would not connect. My wireless is password protected but thats not the problem. Could it have lost the drivers or something else?

Make sure nothing is interfering with the signal and "cold-start" everything. You should also have some troubleshooting program for connection problems. Otherwise, you might have to check with your internet provider or laptop manufacturer. Good luck.
  • Options
    South40South40 Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you accidently turn off the wireless mode? It is activated by simultaneously hitting the FN key and one of the keys at the top of the keyboard. Typically it is the F5, F8 etc. key and has a little picture of an antenna in the same color as the writing on the FN key. S40
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    Your ip address is 72.8.249.101 but maybe your wifi is password protected.

Most likely that is the address of his public facing gateway... I'd say that unless he is connected via dialup modem, he is going thru NAT ...

quote:Originally posted by South40
    Did you accidently turn off the wireless mode? It is activated by simultaneously hitting the FN key and one of the keys at the top of the keyboard. Typically it is the F5, F8 etc. key and has a little picture of an antenna in the same color as the writing on the FN key. S40

This is common. There are also some laptops that have a sliding switch on them either on the bottom or on the edge of the keyboard half ...
  • Options
    djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right click on the internet icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen. This will open the menu