In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9mm Aguila 124Gr FMJ

ridewotridewot Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
anybody have used this ammo? 9mm Aguila 124Gr FMJ

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I've shot some. It felt a little hotter than my 124gr reloads at 1100fps.
  • Options
    ridewotridewot Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    12.95 for 50 rounds a good price?
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't shot that particular type, but in general the Aguila stuff is fine.

The Aguila plant is located in Mexico, and supposedly it was set up there by Remington, basically just to take advantage of laxer wage laws and environmental regulation down there. I don't know what Remington's current relationship with Aguila (if any) is, but in my experience with other types of Aguila ammo, I'd say its as good as any of the other non-premium brands, and certainly better than the Russian steel-case stuff.

On pricing, the going rate on the net seems to be around $12 a box of 50. $13 a box of 50 is reasonable for a local buy, but its not an exceptional price (ie I wouldn't "stock up" at that price).

FWIW, a quick peek with Google found me this:
    http://www.weaponsworld.com/9mm-luger-ammo-aguila-124-grain-full-metal-jacket-1000-round-case.html

1000 rounds for $190 looks pretty good to me, but you have also carefully consider the shipping costs, which will probably add another $20 or maybe more to the total.