In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Win. 52B bolt removal

Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
I've tried the standard methods; hold the trigger, switch the safety; hidden release.
What's the trick?

Comments

• the yooperthe yooper Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the 52C it says "to remove bolt, check to be sure chamber is empty. Then close bolt and pull trigger. Push forward on trigger and draw bolt rearward out of receiver." Likely the 52B and C use the same method. Good luck.
    yooper
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just checked mine. sr# 46920B.. Open and retract the bolt.. Pull back fully on trigger, and the bolt can be pulled out.. I think some 52B's were later supplied with a different trigger group.. If pulling the trigger back doesn't work, try this..

With the firing pin UN-COCKED, and the bolt closed with safety off, push the trigger forward.. Keeping it forward, open and retract/remove the bolt..
  • Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nope, nope, and nope.
    BTW, it's ser.# 62404 B
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe an aftermarket.. I've only had one with a Kenyon trigger.. Here's a discussion..

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=494712
  • Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's most likely the answer; the rifle is in such good shape,( Shot by a little old lady only on Sundays at the Club) Literally; I bought it from her Grandson, I'll have to be very careful when I pull the stock off.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Bill
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill,
    Not to be "too *", but regarding your quote, I think you'll find that Paul wrote the words. Art just joined in on the harmony.
    A favorite of mine too! Happy New Year!
    Rob
    p.s. "I can gather all the news I need on the weather report."