Shotgun adapters

BarzilliaBarzillia Member Posts: 21,848 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
Those look like what I usually see at the gun shows for $25, so when you consider shipping, probably just fine.

I wish I had a machinist who could make them out of stainless, though, and maybe long enough to get to the end of the forcing cone.

I have seen a few (Briley, for example) that also use the shotgun's extractors as well.

Naturally, velocity falls off dramatically when using rifle/pistol rounds, or just anytime the bore differences are large.
"Anger has two children -.hope, and courage." Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

"Und es wird nicht hineingehen irgend ein Gemeines und das da Greuel tut und Luge,
sondern die geschrieben sind in dem Lebensbuch des Lammes."

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be interesting to know what is lost in the conversion process in terms of velocity...

Barzilla, you mentioned wanting stainless steel as part of your wish on the converters. Have you tried a search?
  • BarzilliaBarzillia Member Posts: 21,848 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, I haven't really looked in a long while, but I figure to get one machined to the end of the forcing cone would be some custom work. That would be for the pistol calibers, of course.

For the longer shotgun shells, they pretty well extend to the end of the adapters and so if velocity is anywhere proportional to pressure, you are halving or quartering it with short shotgun adapters.

That's one of the nice things about the long Brileys, you experience no performance losses to speak of.
    "Anger has two children -.hope, and courage." Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

"Und es wird nicht hineingehen irgend ein Gemeines und das da Greuel tut und Luge,
    sondern die geschrieben sind in dem Lebensbuch des Lammes."
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Older German Drillings had long inserts that worked in shotgun barrels this would give the owner an option of two Shot barrels and one large caliber rifle barrel or one Shot barrel one large rifle barrel and 22 Rimfire insert barrel.