In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Help Identifying Magazine

PBking51PBking51 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited October 2012 in Ask the Experts
I found this in a box of random bullets and parts. At first I thought it was for a Luger, except it doesnt have a wooden bottom. It does fit 9mm Luger and Parabellum cartridges.

I have posted some pictures which hopefully help me find out what this is.
There are some markings on it in addition to a serial number. I belive the bottom marking is either a Japaneese character or if the magazine is upside down, it may be an eagle with a swatstika. ??

Thanks in advance for all the help.

IMAG0467.jpg
IMAG0468.jpg
IMAG0460.jpg
IMAG0461.jpg
IMAG0462.jpg
IMAG0463.jpg
IMAG0464.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    After going the Japan route instead of Germany...I think this is for a Nambu 94?
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Yep, It's for a 94. Gonna sell it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats the plan seeing as how I dont own the gun... Whats it worth? Its in really nice shape..alot of life left in spring, no dents, 95% or more bluing
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBking51
    Thats the plan seeing as how I dont own the gun... Whats it worth? Its in really nice shape..alot of life left in spring, no dents, 95% or more bluing

Do a search on the various auctions, including flea bay. If you can find some that sold, it will help you get a ball park FMV for yours.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Going by what i saw it looks the last ones available went for over $90, but they were a little crude. I saw somone else selling for $180! Should i be looking at one of those prices ? Or perhaps in between?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBking51
    Going by what i saw it looks the last ones available went for over $90, but they were a little crude. I saw somone else selling for $180! Should i be looking at one of those prices ? Or perhaps in between?

The asking prices don't mean squat. Lot of the folks on the auction, live in fantasy land as far as their asking prices are concerned. I would just use the actual selling prices as an guide to current FMV.