In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

rubber grip sleeve for XD45

ni haoni hao Member Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Ask the Experts
I need a rubber grip sleeve for my Springfield XD45. I used the search feature on these forums but found nothing. I called Hogue, and they do not make a grip for the XD45. Any other companies make them? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been using the Pachmayr plain grip sleeves for years. They make various types with and without finger grooves. Midway carries them. I tried the Hogue's years ago, and didn't care for them.

The trick for getting them on when they are super tight is to use water or WD 40, on the inner surface so it will slide on the grip without hanging up.
  • Options
    ni haoni hao Member Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks rufe-snow. I ordered the grip sleeve.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason the XD series isn't listed on the recommended applications for slip-on grip sleeves is that it will defeat the grip safety and no one wants to be the person who sold a method of defeating a safety mechanism.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I have a Hogue on mine. I just used a razor to cut a space for the grip safety.
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    Have you tried Talon grips?
    They make a granulated and rubberized grip.
    ron