In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinion on what this 86 is worth?

RTKBARTKBA Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
Before I break the bank, what would be a ball park value on a gun like this? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=312079654

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have bought a number of guns from Lock, Stock, and Barrel and been very pleased. However, with the shortened barrel on this 86, I doubt very much if anyone will make an opening bid.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With a bubaed barrel, I wouldn't bid on it. Unless you plan on a high dollar restoration, it would never be worth what a factory original 40-82 would bring. Big buck collectors want factory original guns. I'm amazed at how high the bids have gone on this one.
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've sold my Safe Queens.

I'll pay most for a collectable piece that's still a good shooter.
    With the work done on this one the best it can be is a good shooter.

It is hard to live with, but even a small modification can make the cash value drop like a stone.
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's already overpiced, shortened barrel, crack in the stock, rear sight doesn't look right, not a good one!
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The current bid is 2X the actual value of that abused old Winchester.
  • Options
    RTKBARTKBA Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help guys, I was really torn on this one. Something about first year models, they tend to blind me.
  • Options
    tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're missing the point.It started @ 1 cent and has already gone over twice it's "value" according to Bert H.Marginal farm land is currently selling for three times the price of just three years ago.Investors can't find yield any where .Collectible Winchesters are like gold ,there's no limit to how high they can go.This "shooter" proves that.
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's it worth? Well apparently at this point $2875.00.
  • Options
    gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some half-dozen bidders are determined to prove my opinion wrong. Still don't like the chopped barrel, among other things, but Lock, Stock, and Barrel is a 1st class seller.