In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of Winchester 94/22

ruger_robruger_rob Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited August 2014 in Ask the Experts
I'm hoping someone here can help me with valuing a Winchester commemorative 94/22.

Its an Australian Bicentennial 1778-1988, in XTR spec with the checkered stock, nickel plated receiver profusely engraved by Phil Vinnicombe. Lever and barrel has gold inlay. As New in box with papers etc. Apparently it's one of 85 produced.

As its not a USA model, I cannot accurately determine it's value...
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    google found one for sale 2,900. It is #1 and one of only 2 pair made in the total 85 production.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try to make direct contact With Australian collectors, through their forums/web sites or collectors organizations.

As it was made for sale in Australia. Very difficult valuation wise, for a U.S. based Collector/dealer to appraise.

Asking prices found online, at various gun auctions and net dealers are suspect. Many are base on pipe dream fantasies, rather than actual prices the gun has sold for previously.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would sure depend on where the gun is located and who pays import and shipping costs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input guys.
    Given that there were only 85 produced, and likely to be few in the USA,
    would you expect it to be sought after there to Winchester collectors?
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much to import the gun????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've imported plenty of firearms FROM the US, but never sent one the other way!? I'd suggest you ask an FFL holder who has imported before what you'd be likely to pay.