In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cure for cancer within a year.......

jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
A team of Israeli scientists believes a cure for cancer is within reach, even optimistically predicting that it will be found within a year.

?We believe we will offer in a year?s time a complete cure for cancer,? Dan Aridor, of Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies Ltd. (AEBi), told the Jerusalem Post.

Aridor?s team is working on MuTaTo, which according to the news outlet is comparable to a cancer antibiotic, with a multipronged approach similar to the treatment given to HIV patients.

The team told the Post that their treatment is a multitarget approach using a combination of several peptides for each cancer cell, reportedly eliminating the chance to be evaded by a mutation.

?We made sure that the treatment will not be affected by mutations; cancer cells can mutate in such a way that targeted receptors are dropped by the cancer,? Dr. Ilan Morad, AEBi CEO, told the news outlet. ?The probability of having multiple mutations that would modify all targeted receptors simultaneously decreases dramatically within the number of targets used. Instead of attacking receptors at one time, we attack receptors three at a time ? not even cancer can mutate three receptors at the same time.?

Morad said MuTaTo also targets the cancer stem cells, eliminating the chance for recurrence.

?Our cancer cure will be effective from day one, will last a duration of a few weeks and will have no or minimal side effects at a much lower cost than most other treatments on the market,? Aridor said. ?Our solution will be both generic and personal.?

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The development has not been tested in humans yet, but according to Aridor it has shown success in mice trials and is nearing the stage of clinical trial.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/cure-for-cancer-israeli-scientists-claim-to-be-on-brink-of-development/ar-BBSU0Uo

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would volunteer for human trials...

I doubt it will work - or be available for FDA approved use anytime soon

But it would be nice if it worked and was on the market before cancer kills me

Mike
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Sounds really good : Most likely will Never See it Here ?

and :::

What about a 'prevention' in place of a cure ???

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Probably cost $200,000 to try...
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump was for the "Right to Try" but the bill was stalled last article found.

"So-called ?right-to-try? legislation was passed by the Senate last fall, but the effort has since stalled in the House. Vice President Mike Pence has endorsed a right-to-try bill. In February Trump gave his support to the legislation but he had not spoken publicly about the issue prior to Tuesday?s address."

Anyone hear of further progress?

https://www.statnews.com/2018/01/30/state-of-the-union-trump-right-to-try/
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and it will take 20-25 YEARS to be approved here by our flash FDA....
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it happens watch social security go broke and Medicare to get cheaper

serf
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I recall correctly one member here went over seas and was cured of his cancer, must already have cures overseas
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    If I recall correctly one member here went over seas and was cured of his cancer, must already have cures overseas

Nord had a recurrence of cancer after receiving treatment in Switzerland - and died while fighting it..

I miss him tremendously at times.

Mike
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yep, that would have been me. I went to Switzerland that has had the cure for almost 50 yearsafter my doctor's here told me there was nothing that they could do for me because it had advanced too farand said I probably had only three months to live. then told me the best thing to do is just go home, call hospice and wait to die...

While waiting to die at home under hospice care a friend of mine told me that he has a couple of cousins in Switzerland that has had cancer and that they have a cure there for it. So off I went, and because my insurance from the United States was no good for their treatment, it cost me a bundle of money, not only for the treatments, but for the living expenses. But here it is some 15 years later, I'm still cancer-free...

The FDA won't let it into the United States, seems there's not as much money in curing as there is in treating
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

Yep, that would have been me. I went to Switzerland that has had the cure for almost 50 yearsafter my doctor's here told me there was nothing that they could do for me because it had advanced too farand said I probably had only three months to live. then told me the best thing to do is just go home, call hospice and wait to die...

While waiting to die at home under hospice care a friend of mine told me that he has a couple of cousins in Switzerland that has had cancer and that they have a cure there for it. So off I went, and because my insurance from the United States was no good for their treatment, it cost me a bundle of money, not only for the treatments, but for the living expenses. But here it is some 15 years later, I'm still cancer-free...

The FDA won't let it into the United States, seems there's not as much money in curing as there is in treating
    https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=695093&SearchTerms=cancer
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you CURE something with an unidentifiable cause?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many cancers do have a known cause. Some are genetic and some have an underlying genetic predisposition, but there are many cancers with a number of known and unknown causes. It seems unlikely that a single cure will work for all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent

https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=695093&SearchTerms=cancer

Thank you, I have posted it several times here, but using a smartphone it's really hard to find archived posts about it, or anything else..

Thank you again for looking that up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Many cancers do have a known cause. Some are genetic and some have an underlying genetic predisposition, but there are many cancers with a number of known and unknown causes. It seems unlikely that a single cure will work for all.

Not really, Switzerland has an answer to where they can cure all cancers... They extract a gene from sheep, refine it and modify it and that's what they use... And they have a 90% success rate.

But like I said, the cure will never make as much money as the treatments do. So big pharma won't let the FDA approved the cure
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 90% success rate for all cancers.

??????????

If true, you couldn't get a airplane or boat or horseback ride into
    that country because the lines would be hundreds of miles long.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmnn, found this article with little trouble. I guess the Swiss people mentioned in the article didn't find directions for where the 'cure' is kept in their own country!?

"Of the forty countries in Europe, Switzerland currently has the highest rate of melanoma, the fifth highest rate of breast cancer (the second place for the French-speaking cantons), and the eighth highest rate of prostate cancer. We sat down with the head of the Geneva Cancer Registry, Professor Christine Bouchardy, to discuss the causes of some of these alarming figures, as well as the factors bedeviling cancer care in one of Europe?s healthiest nations.

Each year 35,000 people are diagnosed with cancer in Switzerland. 16,000 people?foreigner and expat alike?will die from it, with over 3,000 succumbing to lung cancer alone. Untold hundreds of thousands more will be forced to alter their daily routine to better take care of a sick friend, relative or spouse. Simple arithmetic means that by the time you go to bed this evening, 95 Swiss residents will have been diagnosed with cancer, and 43 will have died from the disease.

Indeed despite its reputation for healthy living, Switzerland is at the center of what some leading healthcare analysts such as Prof. Christine Bouchardy, have called a cancer epidemic."
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And to top it off 90% is good, if it were actually true, but it is not a cure for "all cancer."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i remember years ago when an a local took his wife and lots of cash to messico for laetrile (peach pits) cancer treatment...lasted till the placebo effect went away......oh ......NO REFUNDAS !!!!
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally believe the US has a cure for cancer. with that being said, the companies that research would loose millions of dollars and the technicians would be out of a job if they made the cure available
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Not really, Switzerland has an answer to where they can cure all cancers... They extract a gene from sheep, refine it and modify it and that's what they use... And they have a 90% success rate.

But like I said, the cure will never make as much money as the treatments do. So big pharma won't let the FDA approved the cure

IN my wildest dreams I would never thought sheep extract would cure cancer. Very interesting.........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    we are losing our forests and other type areas in the world at an alarming where many medical findings in nature improve our chances.....????? lab cures involving genetic science will help in future advances......our FDA wants to test everything to the max so as not to cause one person a problem....bet many are willing to shoot the odds when they got a nasty death knocking on their door
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thousands of drugs never get beyond testing in mice. It can easily take 6-7 years before a new drug is available to the general population.

Early announcement of a cure for any wide spread illness is a good way to get investors to put money into your laboratory.

I'm currently working on a cure for dysphoria (not feeling well). I call it PoTaTo; french fries always make me feel better.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Thousands of drugs never get beyond testing in mice. It can easily take 6-7 years before a new drug is available to the general population.

Early announcement of a cure for any wide spread illness is a good way to get investors to put money into your laboratory.

I'm currently working on a cure for dysphoria (not feeling well). I call it PoTaTo; french fries always make me feel better.

Neal

Then you have to hate that McD took the lard out of their French fry grease and now they have no flavor.[:(] Did you know they are not called French fries in France? They are called pomes frits, fried potatoes. Pretty unimaginative. Maybe they will cure cancer in Switzerland.
  • Options
    SpiceTacSpiceTac Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cure for cancer?

That is how the movie I am Legend starts!
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Many cancers do have a known cause. Some are genetic and some have an underlying genetic predisposition,"

Those are more like "probable, supposed, or suspected" causes.
    Things like "smoking causes lung cancer" but not always.
    Or "exposure to sunlight causes skin cancer", but not always.
    Or "exposure to asbestos causes mesothelioma", but not always.

There are things that may "trigger" cancer but a proven causative??
    Why do kids who have never been exposed to hardly any environmental factors develop cancer?
    There may be a cure but considering the big bucks involved with treatments, I seriously doubt that "cure" will ever see widespread use. Just too much money for the health industry to lose.