In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.............CRAP.......

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
My favorite camera has bit the dust......the fix is about 2/3 of a new body so I guess it is time to start looking for a replacement....I already miss chances to photograph a bald eagle, some swans and a group of whitetail that were all close by today......

I will post some test shots when I find a suitable replacement....

Comments

• Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel your pain. I am waiting for Fed X to deliver my new camera now.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too am in the need for a replacement that I can use to place pictures on the computer. Any suggestions for a reasonable fix??
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well when my Cannon broke I went to a camera shop here in Wilmington and they suggested I order a Fujifilm camera and until it broke recently I have been very happy. The camera was a little over two years old and they are replacing it with a new one for $200.00 including overnight shipping. I have used this camera for all my GunBroker pictures and have been satisfied with the quality of the photos. Good luck!!
  • patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my Nikon 3200. I don't know how old it is.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking at a Canon T6i body. My current group of lenses will work with this unit...
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everybody around here use their cell phone camera. The newer phones makes good pics IMO.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking at a Canon T6i body. My current group of lenses will work with this unit...
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    Please get it replaced ASAP. Always enjoy seeing your photos!!!
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    William81 and all,

I am sorry that you've lost your cameras, especially the ones which work well and are suited to how you want to work with them. I have a couple of digital cameras which I carry with me everywhere, just in case.

I also have a Leica M3 made in 1954, a Nikon F made in 1965 and my prized possession an 8x10 Deardorff which Merle himself taught me how to use and work on if necessary. None of these has ever broken down or become incapacitated and I still shoot real film in all of them. It's not cheap but still a lot of fun.

I hope you can find something to replace your digital, I too, enjoy your pictures.

Best.