In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Not your everyday auction plug, Henry Heirloom

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
We are running our Henry Heirloom promo in the store again this year, basically we sell a Henry and the customer gets to personalize the serial number with whatever they want. It has been a very successful promo for us in the past and the owner of Henry suggested we run a promo on GunBroker also, so we are giving it a try.

Here is my first auction I just put up, I'll be adding other models later today as well.
https://www.GunBroker.com/item/797971231

It has gone over really well in the store so not sure how well it will work doing the auctions on here but I said I'd give it a try. The only hangup is we won't be shipping the guns until July so its well outside of the normal shipping program but I tried to explain it in the auction along with the other details. It is cool that Henry does this for absolutely no upcharge even though it has to cost them much more to do this.

What do you guys think of it?

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal

I access GunBroker on a desktop computer. Even with magnification I can't read the text in the last two photos. I don't know if that's photo quality issue, my computer, or something else.

Even so, the item description explains what it's about. If I had $450 laying around I might buy one.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very cool promotion, thanks. It does appear the resolution on the photo of the letter is too low to be legible under magnification. Might be the photo or the resolution allowed by the website.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty cool I think, I have two Henry's I bought for Christmas with the serial numbers Xmas 2014 and Xmas 2017
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you the one that has the laser engraver?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly

I access GunBroker on a desktop computer. Even with magnification I can't read the text in the last two photos. I don't know if that's photo quality issue, my computer, or something else.

Even so, the item description explains what it's about. If I had $450 laying around I might buy one.

Hmm, you're right. The picture shows perfectly on my phone but I can't read it either on the auction page. I'll fix it tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Idahobound
    Are you the one that has the laser engraver?

Yes, that is us. It is a separate thing than this program. Henry just makes these up with the personalized number rather than the number they normally put on. We may get a little residual jobs of further personalizing them put it is not something we are pushing with this program.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can the buyer pay for more letters and numbers?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    Can the buyer pay for more letters and numbers?

No, Henry limits this to 12 charactors or less.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly

No need for $450, I added a H001 plain lever 22. It is $300, $150 now and $150 in July(plus shipping), We can get "HOREILLY1" wrote up haha[;)]

https://www.GunBroker.com/item/797981640
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,017 ******
    edited November -1
    Very nice,,[8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot,
    I'm considering that "Big Boy" in 44 Mag. One question: Is the serial number in gold lettering? I can't tell from the picture.

Thanks,

Merc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    Shoot,
    I'm considering that "Big Boy" in 44 Mag. One question: Is the serial number in gold lettering? I can't tell from the picture.

Thanks,

Merc

One the big boy it is on top of the tang and stamped into the metal, so I guess the letter does look gold. I'll take a picture and post later when I get to work.
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would it be possible to engrave just one gun? Or is it not worth the time? I would like to get one engraved with a ranch/lodge logo of where we go Pheasant hunting every year
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Idahobound
    Would it be possible to engrave just one gun? Or is it not worth the time? I would like to get one engraved with a ranch/lodge logo of where we go Pheasant hunting every year

You can email me drydocksports@daktel.com.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shoot,

Thanks,

Merc

Merc,
    This is what it will look like except it with have your number on it:

tT5sYdIl.jpg

This is on the top of the tang. Big Boys are the most prominently displayed on the guns. All the rimfire guns have it on the bottom under the lever.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks! I'm going to get the Big Boy in 44 Mag.

Merc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! I'm going to get the Big Boy in 44 Mag.

Merc

Sweet, just hit the buy it now whenever you are ready to get the ball rolling. We are just going to relist the same auction everytime someone hits the buy it now.