In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Those Damn Obsolete Kerosene Heaters -

2»

Comments

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Power came back on around midnight. Got up to turn off the Kerosene heater, reset the clocks, turn on the several small heaters I am juggling in different areas, reload the woodstove and set the water to running. All good.

Yes, I have been planning on addressing the PVC pipe situation and replace with PEX lines. Plan on tackling it this coming year.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you got your power back.
    RLTW

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cling2myguns
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    quote:Originally posted by Cling2myguns
    Hope all turns out ok. I know it is not usual to get those cold temps down there. I feel for you sir.
    It is -20 here right now, insane cold. But I am prepared for it.

Actually here in the mountains of extreme NE tip of TN, W. NC., it is not that unusual. Boone, NC has multiple Ski resorts. Stone throw from where I live.

So how much higher elevation are you than Johnson City?

My house is close to 4,000 feet elevation. (Mtn. City, TN.) Johnson City is further West, (about an hour or so,) out of the larger mountains, and cosiderably lower in elevation. (Guessing maybe 1000' elevation.)
  • Options
    Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad your power is back on. I figured you were considerably high elevation. But I have seen it was pretty cold all over that area. We are finally seeing the end of this cold blast, -20 with -40's wind chill is brutal.
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What NeoBD told ya'. I had to dig my way into plumbing on a mobile home I owned. If you do it, plan on wearing a dust mask. My kids were young then. They helped drag out the dirt. I just left the old 1/2" galv pipe stay and ran the new pvc along side it.