In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'll never have another one

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Dyson vacuum cleaner. Friend of mine threw his in the trash and yesterday I set mine out at the curb. Nothing but a piece of junk.
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    best vac i ever bought was as dirt devil MO85845 bagless NIB for $50...have used it for years and rebuilt the plastic wheels...have a NIB spare if this one ever quits ....will clean the carpet like a tornado....would buy another used if i could ever find one ...just for a maybe...NO need for a $400 dirt sucker
  • Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Dyson is at least 15 years old and going strong. I have replaced both hoses once and it went right back to like new.

The wife unit bought a Shark vacuum for the vacation home. It works very well also.
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another vote for Shark. Works great (Have a pack of critters-varies between 2 and 5 dogs-to keep up with.) and is priced reasonably.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 3 and all are great. The only vacuum that will handle 2 golden retrievers hair.

I have had one for 15 years the other for 5 and they run great.
    RLTW

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a Dyson V7 for Xmas. Does a good job in my estimation but the battery will only go 25 minutes at best. I use it primarily for stairs.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    still useing mamas old hoover upright from 1962[^]
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OLD Dysons are great. We wore out two of them because of our pets. The new ones.........JUNK. Avoid anything made in the last 5 years from Dyson.

Merc
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A REAL man uses a leaf blower.

Gas powered.

[:p]
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r

Gas powered.

Not a bad idea, clean the carpets and freshen the air at the same time...[:D]
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beneteau

Dyson vacuum cleaner. Friend of mine threw his in the trash and yesterday I set mine out at the curb. Nothing but a piece of OVERPRICED junk.

Fixed it for you.
    Two family members bought them and they worked great but broke within the first few months. They described them as fragile.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a commercial cleaning service, we go through some vacuums best so far a Hoover old school with bag, worst for the money Dyson.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Dyson Animal has worked fine for many years. Had to replace a belt several years ago. You have to do a little maintenance now and then, clean the dirt out, replace a roller, etc. We got the V6 stick cordless several years ago and my wife uses it more than the big one. Yesterday I replaced the cannister on it because the catch broke on the old one.
    My niece got one from someone who was going to toss it. I cleaned it out for her and replaced a belt and it works fine.
    They are worth repairing and maintaining, I can't believe people throw them away but it's that kind of world I guess.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    replaced our Dyson with a Miele...never looked back. That was about 5 years or so ago.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I picked up a Kirby Ultimate G, with all attachments, and shampoo system for $60. It's a beast.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    OLD Dysons are great. We wore out two of them because of our pets. The new ones.........JUNK. Avoid anything made in the last 5 years from Dyson.

Merc
    This is very true. I used to love them. They are utterly worthless pieces of complete junk anymore.

Using a Shark now that is not much better.

Considering going back to Filter Queen. Not sure about that move given how much I loathe operating canister vacs.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r

Gas powered.

Not a bad idea, clean the carpets and freshen the air at the same time...[:D]
    Considering how my gas powered blower manages to suck the two cycle exhaust into the air stream, I wholly endorse this cleaning and air freshening approach.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We like the Dyson. We hear good things about the Shark as well.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing sucks like Electrolux, if any of you old guys remember them.[:)]