In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Model 64 deluxe Winchester

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Ask the Experts
Would somebody tell me how to remove the swivel from the base on a model 64 deluxe. It has the stock swivels that appear to be the same as is on the super grade 70. there is what appears to be a button on the swivel but it does not appear to be a screw and seems solid. Never owned a gun with a sling.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you need to press in on the stud (has a flat blade screwdriver notch), then rotate the link attached to that stud 90 degrees. Now slide the whole unit swivel off the stud screwed into the gun.

It could be rusted or gummed up inside.

Added Well done. Was in the mid 70's I used a Super Grade for my Fireball's neck sling. Maybe it didn't have a slot, hard to remember everything. In the pic below you can see the pivot link is on the right side.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by babun
    If this is your swivel, should be, push in on the small stud and turn the loop to slide off.

As posted above may be gummed up.
    DSC0475_0717-1500x937.jpg
  • dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Problem was I need to soak the pin I needed to push in. It did not have screw driver slot and was stuck solid and would not push in or turn. Everything working OK now.