In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FAIR MARKET VALUE PRICE FOR A REM 51 32 ACP

big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Ask the Experts
BREECH BLOCK WITH EJECTOR IN 90% PLUS CONDITION.

THESE ARE A RARE ITEM AND REALLY NO GB COMPLETED AUCTION INFO. TO GAGE WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE TO ASK FOR ONE AND THEN SELL IT / BUY IT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FROM THE EDUCATED MEMBERS HERE AT GB, FOR THEIR INPUT ON THIS ISSUE..

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this is the one you posted about earlier? That had a hairline crack. IMHO, it's only value is as a fishing sinker.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No clue but I see they are making them again.

https://www.remington.com/handguns/remington-r51

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/remington/auto-pistols-rem/51?page=3

added It seems to me if they had one its $66 plus whatever they want for the extractor. That would be a fair starting place in my book. It could be worth more but I wouldn't pay that much for a working pistol.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    charliemeyer007:

MODERN ISSUE 9MM ( THE R51 SHOWN IN THE COLOR AD - NOT THE SAME AS THE REM 51 - 380/32 ) AS IS SHOWN IN AD FROM REMINGTON.

NUMRICH SUPPLY ONLY HAS THEM (THE BREECH BLOCKS) WHEN A USED / SOON TO BE STRIPPED CLEAN FIREARM COMES INTO THEM FOR FURTHER PARTS BREAKDOWN AND THE USED PARTS RESALE.

rufe-snow :

NO IT IS NOT THE SAME ONE AS YOUR ASKING / INQUIRING ABOUT, THAT ONE WAS A REM 51 380 ACP, THIS ONE, I'M ASKING ABOUT, IS FOR FAIR MARKET VALUE PRICE IS FOR A REM 51 32 ACP.

ALSO, IS THAT A FRESH WATER OR SEA WATER SINKER/LURE YOUR POSTING ABOUT ???
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is unclear what you are asking us.

Are you asking the value of:
    1) a complete pistol with no damaged parts?, or
    2) a breech block/ejector that is in 90% condition & has no crack?, or
    3) the damaged breech block/ejector that you asked us about?

I believe that GB Completed searches only go back 120 days. But, a used breech block is unlikely to ever come up for sale. OTOH, complete Old Model Remington 51's are not rare, & a few are sold every year on GB.

EDIT: FWIW, my opinion is --- "probably not worth anything". Yes, Rem 51 breech blocks are rare, but I don't think that there are a lot of folks (if any) with a broken Rem 51 in their drawer, waiting to find a sale listing for a breech block on the auctions. If there's no demand, there's no value. GPC could list the part for $10 if they don't have it; their asking price doesn't establish the value.

But, if I were sitting on a minty Rem 51 that only needed a breech block, I'd probably pay $300 for the part.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington .32s are, contrary to the rest of the industry, much less common than .380s.
    A gun or a spare breechblock is therefore likely to be worth more.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    nmyers:

Asking this ???..... the CURRENT FAIR MARKET VALUE OF A :

2) a breech block/ejector FOR A REM MODEL 51 IN 32 ACP, that is in 90% condition & has no cracks ?...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    charliemeyer007:

IF THEY EVER HAVE ANY AT ALL LISTED FOR SALE... I'D BUY THEM ALL AT THAT PRICE !!!!... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN IN THIS LIFETIME !!!

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/remington/auto-pistols-rem/51?page=3

added It seems to me if they had one its $66 plus whatever they want for the extractor. That would be a fair starting place in my book. It could be worth more but I wouldn't pay that much for a working pistol.
    [/quote]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JUST CHECKED THAT AUCTION .. AND THAT IS WHAT THE OPENING BID IS... $ 299.99 !!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOOKS LIKE ONE (1), MISSING THE EJECTOR, IN A 380 FLAVOR IS NOW UP FOR BIDDING AT THE REM 51 380 PARTS FOR SALE, PAGE HERE !!!!