In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Saw me a funny

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
So my backwater town built these round abouts. And yesterday I saw one catch a rig in it. Dude got through the first one (less than 100 yards away) but got caught in the second one. Since the second one's built different with an island and a street light on the corner dude couldn't cut it.

So the cops are there but they're too busy scratching their * looking at the rig than directing traffic (like they should). So there's a nice line of cars starting to stack up. I suppose our little backwards town the cops don't see much. Maybe I'll go that way home and see how bad the street light got hit.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Those clowns who build roundabouts in America should be hung by the neck until dead.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those clowns who build roundabouts in America should be hung by the neck until dead.

+1

I hate them.
    RLTW

• fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone from the South who has dealt with town squares will have no problem with these. Everyone else, not so much.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think strapped down to the curb of one. Then they might understand how a trailer tracks behind a truck in a turn. The first one they built in Petaluma, Ca was a real pretty piece of artwork all done with brick pavers. The problem was, it was the only way into a new subdivision where I was delivering a full trailer of sod. I couldn't back out with five other trucks behind me, so I had to modify their fancy brickwork. The other trucks modified it some more. :mrgreen:
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The solution around here was to cut lanes straight thru on the main lines. Adding a few traffic lights and things improved...
    "What is truth?'
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The post wasn't too badly bent.

Since there is only 2 ways in from the North off highway 1 and both of those roads has round abouts. And I'm sure the GPS told the driver "to go this way" he was boned. The not so used road only has one and I think that one is bigger he might've been able to swing that. I wonder if the cops told him or maybe he'll refuse the trip after this?