In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scored some DVD at Goodwill

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
I was early for Mountain Mike's Pizza to open so I ducked in to Goodwill to kill some time. Checked for cast iron first but no gots. Checked for cool glass wares but nyet. So off to CDs. Found Kim Wilde the one with "Keep Me Hanging On". And Highlights From The Phantom Of The Opera which I might already have. Then off to DVD section. I came across most of Jacques Cousteau - Pacific Explorations Collection (missing 1&2). Also #6 of The Jacques Cousteau Odyssey. I forgot how much I missed these nature shows. Since I paid $4. a pop I may have over paid. Need to look on ebay to see if I can fill in what I'm missing.

Picked up Hunting Badger by Tony Hillerman 1st/1st but I already have this. I really need to keep a list of what I'm missing so I don't keep buying the same one, over and over. At least it's a 1st/1st.

Comments

• Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Score boss...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only donated never bought anything.
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Goodwill is a charity racket.

The CEO and upper level management haul in load of cash from the FREE MERCHANDISE given to Goodwill while paying their part time employees squat.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-hrabe/the-worst-corporation-in-_b_1876905.html

:twisted:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,351 ******
    edited November -1
    I buy a few used DVD's and VHS tapes at our local Christian Resale shop here. I know what you mean Yosh about buying duplicates of what you already have!!

I also highly recommend checking the movie itself that is inside the case or box. Many times in a hurry I have just grabbed what I wanted, paid, and got home with a movie marked one thing and some dumb kiddy show inside! Barney the big blue dinosaur just doesn't cut it when I'm chompin for a dose of Chuck Norris!

This little town shop sells their VHS tapes 10 for a buck and the DVD's go for a buck a piece. Not too bad even if I get a few gumby's in the mix.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead - That reminds me the checker asked if I wanted to round up my total to the next dollar. I thought that was odd. First thought was if he couldn't count out the change even though the till will show how much to give back.

Now what you mentioned makes me wonder. Since I'm already giving them cash for donated item why not hit a person for more at the check out?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yoshmyster wrote:
    Quick&Dead - That reminds me the checker asked if I wanted to round up my total to the next dollar. I thought that was odd. First thought was if he couldn't count out the change even though the till will show how much to give back.

Now what you mentioned makes me wonder. Since I'm already giving them cash for donated item why not hit a person for more at the check out?

Exactly ~ it's been said "There is a sucker born every minute, and two to take him."
    ;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.

• Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    yoshmyster wrote:

Exactly ~ it's been said "There is a sucker born every minute, and two to take him."
    ;)
    Not every store does this, he was probably a relative of the owner. :!:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    droptop wrote:
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    yoshmyster wrote:

;)
    Not every store does this, he was probably a relative of the owner. :!:

Are you saying each individual store is independently owned like a 'franchise system' ?