In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It's been a morning!

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Yesterday, the plow truck finally came by in our subdivision after 3 weeks of not plowing and more than 28" of snow in the mean time. Unfortunately, they plowed my neighbor in and I got to spend about 2 hrs, first pulling her stuck Tahoe out of her driveway, and then clearing the remaining snow with my plow so she could get back and forth. Poor gal. Her husband is traveling and she has two young boys. She kept apologizing to me that I was helping her (??) and that she hadn't cleared the 3 foot mound herself. I felt bad I hadn't noticed before she got stuck or I coulda saved myself about an hours worth of work. She had that Tahoe stuck baaad.
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i bet those 2 kids was tickled pink getting out and about so they could have someone new to fight with :D
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    discusdad wrote:
    i bet those 2 kids was tickled pink getting out and about so they could have someone new to fight with :D
    They were staying in, actually. My daughter was tasked with babysitting them.... and also got stuck in their drive.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yuck, had that exact same thing happen to me once in Spiders territory of Rome NY. I had gotten up several times through the night to make sure my driveway was clear and I when I went inside to grab a cup of coffee prior to leaving the snow plow came by and left a mountain in my driveway. I tried to run it and got stuck teetering on the top of it and of course had to dig my way out. Arghhh

Now I live in Charleston SC and only once in 40 years had snow so bad it stopped travel
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we have missed the biggee snow and ice here but have bottom temps and a lot of wind.......brrrr...lake place in eastern kansas has/will get it worse than us here...hang in there old central heat.....