In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Youtube Tool Hack

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
I have 3 or 4 hand belt sanders and i am going to try and start making knives so i bought a bench belt sander.

Yesterday it was raining so i stayed in and watched some youtube videos of knife making. I watched one and they were talking about how to make knives cheaper than normal but just as good.

They put a hand sander in a vice and zip tied the trigger on. The way they turned the sander was just plug and unplug from the wall.

They did have it on a surge protector and used that for the on and off switch.

I would have never thought of that.

Comments

• Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    safety minded folks would never think of that, nor implement such hacks
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    discusdad wrote:
    safety minded folks would never think of that, nor implement such hacks

+10 [fingers}
    .....and makes knives just as good.
    :shock:
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    from experience sometimes you have to use what you have to make do with
    maybe not the safest way but the only way you have .

a example as a kid I changed clutches more than once and transmissions with nothing more than a bumper jack and no blocks or stands to help support the car in a gravel parking spot I was stupid and lucky and would never do it again . . but no money no tools makes a difference
    and would have beat my kids butts If I ever seen them doing any thing unsafe when they were growing up