In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Decoding the colors

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Mod usernames are green
GB Marketing is red
KenK/84Bravo and a few others I see labeled "starting member" are blue
Everyone else (seemingly) is grey (including starting member status folks way at the end of the member list).
And it appears the green italics sarcasm font is not available, unless you know a bit of code. Hello world!
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm Blue?

Sigh........................................................................................................................now I'm depressed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yup383873_bbeb71b10275d78b984a40373ea924e3.png
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm Blue?

Sigh........................................................................................................................now I'm depressed.

Are you green with envy? :D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is Blue the color for Members, who were Members before, but had to establish new accounts?

I'm here, See me. I'm Blue.
  • Options
    GB MarketingGB Marketing Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 122 admin
    edited November -1
    Registered users are supposed to be blue. I think the migration of users screwed with the color scheme.

Global moderators are green,
    Admins are red
    I have been trying to change that maive default color, believe me!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And Ken, did you not get my email on trying to help you get your old account back?
  • Options
    76k2076k20 Member Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mod usernames are green
    GB Marketing is red
    Everyone else (seemingly) is grey (including starting member status folks way at the end of the member list).
    And it appears the green italics sarcasm font is not available, unless you know a bit of code. Hello world!

This works for me

EXjAjQ0l.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And Ken, did you not get my email on trying to help you get your old account back?

Yes, Ana - I did (I'm sorry for not having replied, a lot going on. ) I am fine with my new account status. (Member Status, and post count meant very little to me .)
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    man, I sure do like the new format!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can I be "Yellow"? Picking colors is now "fancy".
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ooh, color test! I looked in the mirror and I'm still a shade of tan :lol:
    Do I pass?
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    We are all red inside.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't the "blue", somewhat the standard internet color for id'ing a "clickable"
    link"
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    :mrgreen:test for color Cool. Can even use different shades of green
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am White on log in.. :):)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    76k20 wrote:
    Mod usernames are green
    GB Marketing is red

This works for me

EXjAjQ0l.jpg
    That's interesting. As you can see, no such featureset is available for me.383873_2a0abccef3bb1954c0add7279cf8ea76.png
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    76k20 wrote:
    Mod usernames are green
    GB Marketing is red

This works for me

EXjAjQ0l.jpg
    Ahh, I see I missed what the function of that lil teardrop shape is. Good to know.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To make text in your post a color, click the tear-drop shaped ink-drop icon. This will expose the menu that allows you to select a color. (its to the right to the text that says "normal")

312604_ad21a732bb3d44a371e1f54d2682b831.png
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    What are the green check marks with the circle at the far left of the posts?
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    What are the green check marks with the circle at the far left of the posts?

Green check marks with circles. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Registered users are supposed to be blue. I think the migration of users screwed with the color scheme.

Admins are red

So Nunn and Mark Christian are no longer admins?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1

Admins are red

Looks like David and I were pushed aside. The two new site admins, GB Marketing and Ade, have two months and five months time respectively on the forum while David will have twenty years on GB in August and I'll have 17 years in September. I like to think that experience counts for something, but Captain Fun left last year so it may be a case of out with the remaining old timers and in with the new crew.

I found the most difficult aspect of being an administrator was not doing anything, IE: not being heavy handed on the boards and just letting the moderators do their job. I'm hoping that the two new site administrators show the same sort of courtesy to the moderators, all of whom have been on the boards for many years. I think that Montanajoe is the "newbie", having a decade on GB, while the rest of us average around 15 years. Moderating is not an easy job and can lead to conflicts with members; many of whom are your friends. Keep in mind that probably half of those appointed moderators in the forums have eventually resigned. While an administrator I personally accepted the resignations of two moderators, both of whom were happy to be relived of their thankless duties.

Gun Broker forum members are a very special group. This forum goes way beyond the normal banter of most forums; it is a family of diverse people. I'm hoping that the two new site admins understand this. Time will tell.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Admins are red

Looks like David and I were pushed aside. The two new site admins, GB Marketing and Ade, have two months and five months time respectively on the forum while David will have twenty years on GB in August and I'll have 17 years in September. I like to think that experience counts for something, but Captain Fun left last year so it may be a case of out with the remaining old timers and in with the new crew.

I found the most difficult aspect of being an administrator was not doing anything, IE: not being heavy handed on the boards and just letting the moderators do their job. I'm hoping that the two new site administrators show the same sort of courtesy to the moderators, all of whom have been on the boards for many years. I think that Montanajoe is the "newbie", having a decade on GB, while the rest of us average around 15 years. Moderating is not an easy job and can lead to conflicts with members; many of whom are your friends. Keep in mind that probably half of those appointed moderators in the forums have eventually resigned. While an administrator I personally accepted the resignations of two moderators, both of whom were happy to be relived of their thankless duties.

Gun Broker forum members are a very special group. This forum goes way beyond the normal banter of most forums; it is a family of diverse people. I'm hoping that the two new site admins understand this. Time will tell.
    I have to believe they intend to just let the mods do all the heavy lifting. Hope that is the case anyway. So far, GBMarketing (Ana) has primarily been instrumental in helping folks get back onto the forum.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Color me gone...314534_3383810abf265b5aa9cee6754495b778.jpg
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dose this mean that "Kermit" is a "Global Moderator" :lol:
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Mark. FYI you mods are now "global mods", so you can moderate across all the forums. Also, mods now have the ability to lock accounts, and I think they can even delete accounts, but not 100% sure on that.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I has now become ? the grey man? !
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To make text in your post a color, click the tear-drop shaped ink-drop icon. This will expose the menu that allows you to select a color. (its to the right to the text that says "normal") Which was are you facing, toward the screen or away from the screen ? :? :?
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:
    Color me gone...Doglineup.jpg

Looks like another case of not being able to the forest for the tree. :roll:
  • Options
    edited November -1

Admins are red

Looks like you and Nunn have new designations!
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forum admins status for Mark and David...

Well deserved and we'll played.

Mike
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colors are cool...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Forum admins status for Mark and David...

Well deserved and we'll played.

Mike

The new status seems to be all pluses and no minuses. The site admins are tasked with technical issues, including password changes, user name changes, email issues, complaints about post counts...the whole package of bothersome BS. David and I supervise the forums and moderate the few which have no moderators assigned. We retain the power to ban or restore members, as well as controlling the auto censor, which has been reduced considerably in size in the new forum= civil war. I'm going to trust you folks on this. If anyone's language gets out of hand, and that includes racial slurs, you're going to get slapped...hard.

I've always considered it a privilege to serve on the GB staff. This is after all the preeminent firearms forum on the web.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds good to me Mark!
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain