In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Guess I have to log in everytime forever?

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Can't save my name and password like before?
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    EELLEELL Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to home page settings, click it and scroll down to settings again and click it. There will be a key that appears, when you place the cursor over the key it will say passwords, click it and all of your saved passwords will appear. Delete any old GB passwords by right clicking on them. Next time you log in, you will be asked if you want to save your new password, click yes and in the future you should be able to auto log in.
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So far yes, pain even to post. I have to believe that it will get better.
    But to change something that worked, well I do not understand and
    they do not want you to understand either.
    Seems just like management at work.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EELL wrote:
    Go to home page settings, click it and scroll down to settings again and click it. There will be a key that appears, when you place the cursor over the key it will say passwords, click it and all of your saved passwords will appear. Delete any old GB passwords by right clicking on them. Next time you log in, you will be asked if you want to save your new password, click yes and in the future you should be able to auto log in.

Okay..... I guess.
    WHERE IS HOME PAGE?

Do we click on the BG logo at top left to go home?
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bpost wrote:

Okay..... I guess.
    WHERE IS HOME PAGE?

Do we click on the BG logo at top left to go home?
    He's talking about your browser settings,......as in having FireFox save your passwords or not.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    WMClarkWMClark Member Posts: 821
    edited November -1
    EELL wrote: ?
    Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:57 am

Didn't seem to work for me.

This constantly logging in is a PITA
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have done so many different ways that I
    can't keep tract anymore. It seems that
    posting works different or logging in every
    time, well as GreatGuns has so eloquently
    said, "Dumps Me". :lol:
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EELL wrote:

I can not find a "Home Page" or a settings link. I have Gone back to Board index and that is as far as I can find something close to a start page
    How do I find this home page and settings?
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    While this article is about a specific reason for deleting a password, it still shows the procedure for the different browsers in terms of enabling/disabling password storage, and/or adding or deleting passwords. Maybe it will help someone.

http://www.bu.edu/tech/services/cccs/desktop/software/troubleshooting/removing-password-from-browsers-saved-password-list/
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH TRYING TO MAKE YOUR COMPUTER WORK WITH THIS WEBSITE AS IT IS NOW PROGRAMED.

THE TROUBLE IS NOT IN YOUR COOKIES , PASSWORDS, CACHES, OR YOUR FINGERS ON YOUR KEYBOARD.
    GB HAS THE PROBLEM ON THEIR END .

WE ALL USED THIS FORUM BEFORE THE CHANGE WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING TO OUR 'PUTERS. WE ALL GO TO MANY OTHER WEBSITES WITHOUT DOING SHLLLLLT TO OUR 'PUTERS AND PHONES..
    BEFORE THE CHANGE OVER, THERE WAS MANY LINKS TO AUCTIONS PLUGGED. HAVE YOU SEEN ANY ON THE NEW SYSTEM?????
    MAYBE GB MARKETING NEEDS TO TAKE THAT IN FOR A WHILE....

AND WHILE I RANTING....HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THE MODS HAVE NOT BEEN POSTING AT ALL???
    THEIR SILENCE IS DEAFENING.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    your lucky. if I get in twice a day I am happy. who ever *-d this site up should have a foot up their *
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The mods don't have anything to do with the operation of this site in terms of it working. Montanajoe is posting, Nunn has posted a number of times, and I saw Spider post once or twice, but that was the first couple of days.

Spider mentioned that mods have the ability to ban forever now,......if things keep going like this, there won't be anyone left to ban.

Face the facts, a number of previous members tried to create new forums that we could go to, but nobody was interested other than as a novelty, even though they worked fine. All you can do is wait and see if they fix it, or head out the door.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc, I was having the periodic log out problem until a couple days ago. I logged out, deleted my password from the safari list of saved passwords. Then logged back in and saved my password again. Since then I have gone two days without being logged out and having to log back in. Hope it gets worked out for everyone soon.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    edited November -1
    David,...I've actually had pretty good luck today, but then again I haven't been here much. I generally use Firefox, but since I have Opera loaded on this machine as well, I think I will see what happens with that browser.

I too have cleared my passwords and reloaded, but still getting iffy results. I'm 99.9% certain this is forum related, and not browser related. Unless of course it's like the old e-mail situation where CaptFun said the mail system worked fine,......the problem was on our end. :lol::lol:

Hope you are doing well!!!

ETA: Just got kicked off trying to post this.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope they get it fixed so we can all get back to discussing 1911 vs Glock and other important issues :o
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was sent a message telling me to clear my cache of cookies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-oqgIZGhbU
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I've been reading the posts but haven't posted much because every time I try, I have to log in again. I've cleared my saved passwords and re-saved my current one but the problem persists. I understand and share everyone's frustration and, hopefully, Administration will find a solution to this problem.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to "see" you, Spider. I was worried the mods had even more log in troubles than us
    peons.
    I always considered the mods to be our link to the suits upstairs.
    :D