In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Low Down Dirty Dog

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
I woke up at 5 to go to the bathroom and 3 minuets later i am getting ready to crawl back in bed and Bear my 105 pound dog is in my spot.

Instead of making him get up i just laid beside him and used him for a pillow since he was on mine.

Daisy my lab/pit mix sleeps beside me every night. Bear might crawl on the bed 1 or 2 times a month but he will get up after a hour or two and go lay on his bed. He has 2 beds 1 in our bedroom and one in the living room.

Comments

• Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    :D:o:lol: Love them pets
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep ...our buddies are lots of fun....big ol rollin razor blade cat comes in and wallows all over purring like a diesel with the jake brake on.....time to let her outside
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as my dirty dogs are somewhat clean and bug free. Not a problem.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still cannot understand how a 5 lb poodle can take up 2/3 of a king size bed like Luke does. He waits until I get up to the bathroom and then claims his spot
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Macie our latest pound hound sleeps in my bed the weenier dogs sleep in my wife's bed with her
    Macie hides dog treats under my pillow or her blanket thru out the day when I go to bed she will eat them , its like she is saving them just in case and once I am in the room she must feel its Ok to eat her reserve as I will be there to feed her if needed , just a guess
    thru out the night on occasion I will get a very gentle tug on my arm after about the second time of being very gentle I get just about rolled over to get the message she wants to go out :shock:
    too me it seems the older I have gotten the more I have got closer to the dogs and there personalities . we really do treat them more like kids then dogs . growing up they were just dogs .
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rebel climbs into my spot every time I get out of bed for any reason. I make him "scooch over" when I come back. In a pack there's a hierarchy... even where they sleep. And a dog will slide into to alpha male spot when the alpha isn't there because they think they're the Alpha, which one of them is when you're not around. and that's what the alphas do, take the best spot, eat first Etc. So when I come back I make him "scooxh over" so he doesn't forget who's the Alpha male