In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Favorite Radio And TV Show Speakers

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
I like Hannity.

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think anyone will ever match Paul Harvey............
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I agree with Paul Harvey, and my own personal favorite was Neil Boortz. He could say more in 20 minutes than Rush Limbaugh can in 3 hours, with his constant repetitions. He was also a lot easier to listen to than Sean Hannity with his monotone delivery.

It's sad that both are not on anymore. But at least Rush and Sean tell the truth.

I almost forgot about Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers. They were always on Sunday evenings as we were coming back from our camera shows all over. For those not familiar with them, they had a car talk show interspersed with a lot of humor.
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:
    I don't think anyone will ever match Paul Harvey............

+1
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paul Harvey, I agree....though I liked listening to Art Bell when I worked the graveyard shift.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Eric Von Haessler he is on wsb in Atlanta from 09-1200.

I liked Neil Boortz when he was on.

I listen to Rush just about everyday.

There used to be a guy named Ken Hamblin on the radio I liked to listen to when I was stationed in LA.

When I was stationed in Panama and we were in the field we could listen to AFARTs radio on the PRC-77. I cannot remember the freq but I want to say it was 30.95.
    RLTW

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My choices may be a bit more esoteric: Shorty Powers and Jack King, the voices of NASA manned launches in the Mercury and Apollo programs. I wanted to be those guys.

From the internet: Rocky Raab did two of the shuttles in 1985 (Missions 51-G and 51-D) and several Delta and Atlas launches before his departure from NASA in July of that same year.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paul Harvey was the best. Art Bell came up with lots of interesting stuff . Never made fun of any of his callers regardless of how cracked up they were.
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paul Harvey because he was a big part of my childhood.
    Rush. He's not perfect but he's the best we have.
    Hannity is ok......when he isn't arguing with his women over what color socks he wore that day.
    Been tuning in to Sharyl Attkisson recently. She seems to have a pretty level head.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Recntly discovered Chris Plant ... WoW! He really has main stream media figured out
    Rush
    Levin
    Savage

TV mostly sucks. Hannity, Lou Dobbs, and Tucker Carlson are about all I can take.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    Buck Sexton is good and he's on typically when I leave work.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pioneer and Jensen used to make good speakers. I guess I'd go with Bose today.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Radio - Paul Harvey

TV - Hannity
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walter Cronkite was my man.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited November -1
    Johnny Carson
    Paul Harvey
    Johnny Rabbit-KXOK Radio St.Louis 60's
    Max Roby-KMOX TV St.Louis 60's
  • Options
    gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:
    Walter Cronkite was my man.

You mean the guy that caused us to lose the Vietnam War? He was also there at the beginning when Kennedy ordered the assassination of President Diem during his interview with him. Cronkite was not a reporter, he was an instigator, like most of the TV "reporters" in the 50s & 60s but he was the worst.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited November -1
    ...and that howling mad man,Wolf Man Jack
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can no longer stomach Limbaugh.

He was fun at the the beginning, and now, IMO, takes himself too seriously.

Hannity I respect for how hard he works, but I don't think he has ever had an original thought and is just boring.

Glenn Beck remains entertaining. I listen to him during the drive home.

A few on the TV.

Kennedy remains relevant and usually puts on a good show. Not a party hack.

I find Maria Bartiromo, Degan McDowell, Stuart Varney and Neal Cavuto informative and entertaining. All are sharp, have a sense of humor, and are not afraid to enjoy themselves while on camera.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I listened to Rush for years and now cant stand him.Garrison Keilor has retired and got caught up in the me too movement.I no longer listen to talk radio,I would just soon listen to crows squawking as the people on the radio now.
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When under 18, Paul Harvey was always on the radio at noon.

Haven't listened to the radio in decades.....nothing on but junk noise called "music". :cry:

Pay zero attention to talking heads on TV and seldom listen to their babble.......watch the main news and that's it.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paul Harvey

Andy Rooney
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are all the same. They try to make us believe that they are SO concerned about the country, etc., but obviously their only real concern is that next commercial break. Let's face it, they are in the business of selling TV or radio ad time.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bubba Jr. wrote:
    I agree with Paul Harvey, and my own personal favorite was Neil Boortz. He could say more in 20 minutes than Rush Limbaugh can in 3 hours, with his constant repetitions. He was also a lot easier to listen to than Sean Hannity with his monotone delivery.

It's sad that both are not on anymore. But at least Rush and Sean tell the truth.

I almost forgot about Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers. They were always on Sunday evenings as we were coming back from our camera shows all over. For those not familiar with them, they had a car talk show interspersed with a lot of humor.

Neal was great, and I miss him. I knew him. I worked at a small plant in Atlanta where we manufactured hot air balloons. Neil had one of our balloons and would stop by our shop about once a week, on the way to work at WGST am640. This was before he went to WSB.

I went to lunch with Neal a half dozen times. Great talk show host better than anyone on today.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Can no longer stomach Limbaugh."

Don I know what you mean. I started listening to him in 1989 he was just getting started. He was great! Had the Homeless Update where he sent an employee to the homeless shelter in NY to interview winos. And played the song "Ain't got a Home" an old blues song. That was funny!

Also had the Feminist Update, played the song "Born a Woman" by Sandy Posey, a big hit in the sixties.
    And Sandy sang "If you're born a woman you're born to be hurt.
    Youre born to be stepped on, lied to, cheated on and treated like dirt
    I was born a woman, I'm glad it happened that way...."

And then he would play tape of the latest Feminist saying some insane stuff. It was great! Nobody else was doing that on the radio.

That was long ago, 30 years ago. Rush doesn't do the Homeless Update, or Feminist Update any more. Instead he spends half the show talking about himself. Sign of insecurity.

I do listen to Rush every day but it is often hard to stomach. He is an insecure man on a massive ego trip.
    Put Rush on, on a Monday. He will start the show with a one minute video clip from Friday from CNN, where they said two sentences that mentioned Rush Limbaugh.
    Then, he will spend the next 15 minutes, talking about how, three days ago CNN talked about him.

"LOOK AT ME I AM SO IMPORTANT I WAS MENTIONED ON CNN."

Pitiful ego trip of an insecure man. I don't watch CNN they are full of crap. I am not interested in anything they say. Really don't want to listen to 15 minutes of this man talking about CNN, and, himself.

When he starts in to that kind of narcissistic crap I change the station. In a three hour session I can usually only take about an hour of him. When he is good he is great and when he is bad, he is awful.
  • Options
    gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been decades since I got fed up with Rush. "Talent on loan from God." He's been full of himself since forever. At least his TV program didn't last long.
    It was a bit of fun listening to him count down the days until Clinton was gone.