In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a problem with that.
    RLTW

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't read the link yet...hope it's about NJ dying. Only bad thing about that is I will have to buy a new flag with 49 stars on it.
    :D
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "To be or not to be..." is a question we should be allowed to ask and answer for ourselves. The Right to Life implies an alternative.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The right to die should be a constitutional freedom and preformed like any other medical procedure. Might eliminate over half the suicides in the U.S.

Maybe a 10 day waiting period.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NJ is only doing this so they can tax your estate quicker.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No right to live for babies....
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Garden State No More !
    The only thing good about NJ (S.NJ) is there produce.
    Anyone that has eaten a Jersey tomato or corn on the cob will agree ! ... They also have the best Pizza and Hoagies too.

soylent-green-people-recycle-shirt_1_43d1290d3f552ddf4d2893244237bc87.jpg
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dr. Kevorkian performing 'assisted suicide' for people that wouldn't off themselves didn't work out well for him...but with making it legal is a change of pace.

Kinds poking the hippocratic oath in the eye for doctors who do it along with the abortion gang and infancide promoters too.

Anyone that wants to off themselves, can do it without having a doctor do it for them legally.

The most precious thing in the world is life ~ and wanton destruction of innocent life is immoral to the nth degree.

:evil:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only God has the right to determine when we should die. This is my belief and opinion only. When he is ready for me, I will gladly go with his son. I don't care how bad it gets, I would refuse to take my own life. Oak.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When our dogs are near the end and are suffering we put them down. It is considered the "Humane" thing to do. That is our choice and not necessarily the dogs.

When a human being is suffering I believe they should have the right to choose. It is not our right to choose for them, but it should not be our right to make them suffer either.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    droptop wrote:
    The right to die should be a constitutional freedom and preformed like any other medical procedure. Might eliminate over half the suicides in the U.S.

Agreed....though the ten day waiting period should be waved for terminally ill with Dr's diagnosis. There is no reason that people should have to turn to violent or illicit means to end their lives.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    Dr. Kevorkian performing 'assisted suicide' for people that wouldn't off themselves didn't work out well for him...but with making it legal is a change of pace.

If Dr Kevorkian was alive and doing his thing today he'd be celebrated rather than imprisoned.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:
    droptop wrote:

Agreed....though the ten day waiting period should be waved for terminally ill with Dr's diagnosis. There is no reason that people should have to turn to violent or illicit means to end their lives.

What about an extensive waiting period from the federal govt. ( by the time they got it done..9 months the person is deceased.. Local 3 day period is what the states use.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mnrivrat48 wrote:
    When our dogs are near the end and are suffering we put them down. It is considered the "Humane" thing to do. That is our choice and not necessarily the dogs.

When a human being is suffering I believe they should have the right to choose. It is not our right to choose for them, but it should not be our right to make them suffer either.

There is a huge spread between killing an animal and a human.

If any human wants to die, they can freely off themselves without someone else killing them.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.

• Options
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:
    droptop wrote:

What about an extensive waiting period from the federal govt. ( by the time they got it done..9 months the person is deceased.. Local 3 day period is what the states use.

:lol::lol: When the Federal Government or State Governments sentence a person to death ....... it generally doesn't happen for AT LEAST 10+ years!
    :(

• Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    droptop wrote:

I believe in freedom of choice so I believe it should be the choice of the individual period, if they want to wait fine and if they want it now OK
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,230 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank God. A person should have the right to decide to die.

I was a paramedic when Dr. Kevorkian was doing his stuff, almost every paramedic and RN that I knew was in favor of Dr. Kevorkian's work. This was not San Francisco or Manhatten, far from it, this was a small hospital in rural Georgia.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "There is a huge spread between killing an animal and a human.

If any human wants to die, they can freely off themselves without someone else killing them."

First of all I beg to differ that humans are somehow all that different than other mammals . Like it or not we are animals .

Second I do agree with you about our freedom to "off" ourselves . The method used however can be made comfortable and less messy , and little chance of suffering in the process if proper services would be available. You would still be offing yourself, but you would have available the more humane tools to do so. There is a reason why people take their dogs to the vet to put them down. They could simply shoot them in the head but what happens if the dog moves a bit on that first shot and you need to repeat while you best friend is jumping around in pain. Dr. Kevorkian did not kill anyone. He set up the apparatus to allow the patient to start the process.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank God. A person should have the right to decide to die.

I was a paramedic when Dr. Kevorkian was doing his stuff, almost every paramedic and RN that I knew was in favor of Dr. Kevorkian's work. This was not San Francisco or Manhatten, far from it, this was a small hospital in rural Georgia.

My sister is a nurse and she's always said she won't let our parents suffer. If our folks are suffering and my sister were to administer something to them to end the suffering I am fine with that.