In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Form 1...finally

mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
After filing ATF Form 1 last July, the approved form was mailed to me while I was on vacation, which was roughly a seven month wait. I registered one of my Bushmaster AR's as a SBR and added a Strike Industries Viper, PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) stock along with a 7 inch barreled upper. OAL with the stock retracted is just a tick over 22 inches. This is about as short as an AR can be without spending a ton of $$$ on stocks using proprietary parts like special bolt carries, which can only be used with that stock set. Strike Industries uses a special buffer and spring but maintains the original BCG.

Stock shown retracted
SSfvQAol.jpg

Stock shown extended and with the slip-over cheek piece installed on the tube.
eUCWeN9l.jpg

Lots of discussion on the National Firearms Act on every firearms board. Frankly, I can live with the $200 tax; yes it is unconstitutional and a violation of our rights, but anyone who can afford NFA toys isn't going to break their piggybank on the $200. It is the ridiculously long wait for approval which is simply unacceptable.

Off the soap box. Now I need to find a place to shoot this thing!

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    I like very much! Have you seen what Dead foot arms has done? I think their system uses a standard BCG.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,362 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmm...... Batf Form 1.....does that mean "we go after these guns first"????
    :o
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't have to worry until Mark changes his Avatar to this -

browning_with_water-cooled_model_1917_via_browning_archives.jpg?itok=eSEwd_Wu&fc=50,50

:lol::lol::lol:
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    $200 dollars is a great price today but it was serious money way back then.

The dollar experienced an average inflation rate of 3.45% per year during this period. In other words, $100 in 1932 is equivalent in purchasing power to $1,789.20 in 2017, a difference of $1,689.20 over 85 years. The 1932 inflation rate was -9.87%.

How would you like to pay almost $3,500 today. bigeyes.gif
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My AR Pistol is 23" with the retractable brace. No registration. However thinking somewhere down the line they will see these as actual what they are. 7.62x39 is loud coming out of a 7" barrel.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am expecting about the same wait or longer on a suppressor, same $$ for the stamp on that one too.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,001 ******
    edited November -1
    Now that is sweet,, :):):):)
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SBR2.jpg
    This was sooo worth the paperwork. Very fun to shoot!
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to have an SBR but my idea is a 13" Winchester Model 92.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have some customers waiting on approval for suppressor going on 10 months now
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....