In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bump stock for a pistol?

WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
I saw this ad in a magazine I was reading in the ER last night. It's from Aug 2018 so they're probably illegal today.
I'd never even considered using a bump fire on a pistol. But they seem neat!334254_b0dc48c98b25c18bf4f3237d99c3bf36.jpg
”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
- GEORGE ORWELL -

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bump stocks are the hit after 3/26/19
    and in the news but I will bet any devise that allows faster firing like the hell fire tac trigger or many variations like the one for the pistol or even the binary triggers will be sucked into the dark hole as outlawed I would almost wager its in small print on the bill for bump stocks
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bump stocks are the hit after 3/26/19
    and in the news but I will bet any devise that allows faster firing like the hell fire tac trigger or many variations like the one for the pistol or even the binary triggers will be sucked into the dark hole as outlawed I would almost wager its in small print on the bill for bump stocks

I would not be surprised. Feds will raid all the places making them.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bump trigs...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    It's not a stock. It's a trigger, and should still be legal. ATF and POTUS aren't going after anything that isn't a stock... yet.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Robotic trigger fingers are next but only legal by the properly gendered. :o
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the news reported tonight that 60,000 bumpstocks were recycled show pics of a scrap grabber pick pallet boxes off a truck ,,but they never really showed any bumpstocks ,,so propaganda :lol:
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bumpfire "stocks" were banned - correct? Stocks are found on rifles, generally not handguns.

I'm wondering if a "bumpfire wrist stabilizer" - if such could ever be made - is legal for use on a handgun?
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had planned on installing one on my Joslyn army revolver or my 1851.colt Navy revolver...

Possibly on my knoch needle fire pistol...

Maybe a genhart horizontal turret rifle...

Perhaps on a Springfield with a pederson device extant...

A north and Skinner wedgelock revolving carbine...

Becker blow forward revolving shotgun???

A model 1899 Roth haenal...

Musgrave ambidex???

Mike