In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fresh Seafood

DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Forgive me, one of our members has a seafood store in the Portland or Seattle area. I had it saved on the old GB forum, but, can't find it now. Can someone remind me who or the name of the store? Looking for some fresh salmon. Thank you, DD

Private Message is fine as well.

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    This is more of a BTT, but I don't know who would own a seafood store.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pwillie has a wholesale seafood business down South somewhere. Haven't seen him around in quite a while, though.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,019 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't recall anyone being on the west coast. 'Rugergunz' is out of Maine,lobster fisherman.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess you will have to make do with Hideaway, Dawg. :D
  • Options
    DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He Dog wrote:
    @ He Dog yes!! Haha!!! Had some Hideaway for dinner this evening!! But would have much preferred Hogfish or Salmon, or Cod or Grouper!!

Hope you are doing well. Mr. Ed came for Wannemacher....but, unfortunately I was over obligated and couldn't make it! Maybe in the fall??
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walmart has Frozen Shrimp, Tilapia and Salmon Fillets. The Tilapia are sealed in individual bags and make a great sandwich. The Tilapia are small and essentially boneless.

Just took one out of the freezer and put into the refrigerator for lunch tomorrow.
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DirtyDawg wrote:
    Forgive me, one of our members has a seafood store in the Portland or Seattle area. I had it saved on the old GB forum, but, can't find it now. Can someone remind me who or the name of the store? Looking for some fresh salmon. Thank you, DD

Private Message is fine as well.

PM sent

Mule
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    droptop wrote:
    Walmart has Frozen Shrimp, Tilapia and Salmon Fillets. The Tilapia are sealed in individual bags and make a great sandwich. The Tilapia are small and essentially boneless.

Just took one out of the freezer and put into the refrigerator for lunch tomorrow.

Locally it seems all of the frozen fish at WalMart, Krogers, etc.. are produced and processed in China or Vietnam. There are horror stories about how the fish is raised and processed. Kinda put me off on buying any. Bob
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:

Locally it seems all of the frozen fish at WalMart, Krogers, etc.. are produced and processed in China or Vietnam. There are horror stories about how the fish is raised and processed. Kinda put me off on buying any. Bob

Seafood processing is bad enough here in the States, don't know about China but have seen 1st. hand how the Vietnamese handle fish....they're a 100X worse sanitation wise than the States, what I don't catch myself I buy directly off small private commercial fishing boats at the docks as they come in (iced down of course) ;).

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DirtyDawg wrote:
    He Dog wrote:
    @ He Dog yes!! Haha!!! Had some Hideaway for dinner this evening!! But would have much preferred Hogfish or Salmon, or Cod or Grouper!!

Hope you are doing well. Mr. Ed came for Wannemacher....but, unfortunately I was over obligated and couldn't make it! Maybe in the fall??

Sorry we missed him, we did do dinner. That trip is getting wearing for me, may not make the fall, but will let you know.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Green's Seafood in Bristol, TN. is supposed to be the best around. (Here.) They supposedly import for all the local restaurant's. (From what I have been told .)

I have passed them a couple times, while in Bristol, coming home from Medical appointments. Know where they are located.

Their online review is stellar. (However,) "The atmosphere is not great." Have been looking for a place for a first date dinner. This apparently is not it. (As) Atmosphere is key on a first date.

Perhaps a later meal.

I LOVE Seafood. :D