In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Been driving 4 cyl P-Us for 23 years...

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Saving for a new car. I want a car this time. And I want something with a little power. Want to relive my youth. Want a Challenger R/T with a manual transmission.

Had this one when I was a youngster...

standard.jpg
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope your dream comes true, you deserve it.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sign here please and drive away :twisted: :lol:
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Avis carries R/T challengers as rental cars- I was on a hot streak where I got 4 in a row as my rental car.

Totally impractical in nearly every sense but put me in the ?I frickin? love it!? Crowd.

I cant imagine what a Hellcat would be like.

Im saving my pennies for the new Jeep a gladiator pickup. If they made a convertible challenger it would be an absolute no-brainer choice for me.
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not totally impractical for me. No kids or grandkids, just need personal transportation. Have a small utility trailer so I'll put a hitch on the car and I can move furniture, MC, whatever.
    ....................................................................................................
  • DBMJR1DBMJR1 Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chargers don't have four doors. It's a Dodge Cornet. Good car, just the same.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    That would be cool. I thought your wife has a newer muscle car.
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Chargers (68-70) were big and heavy. Old Challengers were much bigger than the current version (about same weight). I don't think current Charger and Challenger have anything in common. Challenger is a true rear wheel drive and Charger uses a trans-axle in rear but model was designed with front drive in mind.

Camaro is too small for me. Can't get in and out and cramped beyond belief inside. No visibility. Challenger roomy by comparison.

Wife has V-6 Mustang. Nice car. The GT has way too much power for sanity but like 50 Grand. Mustang is so low hard for me to get in and out. Fine once in.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    They're fun to drive for sure. Hope you're able to find a good deal on a nice one. What engine do you want?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain