In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Henry "American Eagle"

MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
I won one of these on another firearms forum.
https://henryusa.com/rifles/the-american-eagle/
I haven't actually seen it yet, though I did see an example yesterday in Indianapolis at the NRA show.
It's a very slick little rifle, as most Henry's are.

I stopped at the Henry booth and told one of the reps that I had won an American Eagle and he told me that HE was the rep responsible for getting my rifle to me.
What are the odds?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to receiving a call from my friendly neighborhood FFL sometime late this week I hope.

Comments

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you also win the optional fox tail, fuzzy dice, reflector mud * and curb feelers? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    bearman49709bearman49709 Member Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    You won one or you agreed to pay more than anyone else for it?
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take one for free, a little to gawdy for me to buy one though...
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is a shame that a current manufacturer had to steal the name of an old-time gun just to attract attention to themselves. Why did they have to call it a Henry? Why not George, or Fred, Or Daisy-Mae?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:
    I would take one for free, a little to gawdy for me to buy one though...

Actually, it was free. 100% no cost to me.
    It was the grand prize for a drawing I entered.
    The Henry rifle company is going to ship it to my very friendly local FFL, where I get free transfers.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are beautiful guns, we had 5 of them in the store before they were even sent out to distributors, they didn't last long. We saved one of the 5 because we gave one away on our Henry Heirloom promo we ran.

It really attracts alot of attention with it's ivory colored stock.
  • Options
    bearman49709bearman49709 Member Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    [quote=
    The Henry rifle company is going to ship it to my very friendly local FFL, where I get free transfers.
    [/quote]
    That's good to hear congratulations.
    Most times when someone says they won something they really mean they agreed to pay more for it than anyone else would. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [quote=
    Most times when someone says they won something they really mean they agreed to pay more for it than anyone else would. :lol::lol:
    [/quote]

Hoping to stretch my luck, I entered another drawing in Indy at the Henry booth.
    They had a computer set up there to take entries for ANOTHER American Eagle.
    When I looked at the computer I wondered if Henry would give me a SECOND rifle, when one of the reps said, "By all means, enter. That entry is also good for a Polaris General 4x4 worth right at $20k!"
    I entered, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mgderf wrote:
    [quote=

Hoping to stretch my luck, I entered another drawing in Indy at the Henry booth.
    They had a computer set up there to take entries for ANOTHER American Eagle.
    When I looked at the computer I wondered if Henry would give me a SECOND rifle, when one of the reps said, "By all means, enter. That entry is also good for a Polaris General 4x4 worth right at $20k!"
    I entered, but I'm not holding my breath.
    [/quote]

think they would let ya trade the rifle for the polaris??????????????
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats i like it.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the video from the link: Like seeing the "preview" and watching the videos w/o leaving the page. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2AXsEdUUQ&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Finally got my hands on it, and it is a beauty.
    Took it to the range last weekend and managed to shoot M.O.S.H. (minute-of-squirrel-head) offhand at 25 yards.

The action is smoother than any other Henry I've had my hands on.
    Henry really went all out on these things.

The only issue I found was with the mirror-like receiver finish. It truly is like a fine mirror. You could shave in the receiver reflection.
    There was an overhead light at the range that glared off the receiver top and made finding the front bead difficult to see in the rear buckhorn.
    I've thought about modifying a Henry receiver sock to cover the receiver while in the field.

I think this would take care of the glare and provide a small amount of protection as the same time.
    Overall I'm just ecstatic about my new rifle.