In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wife Is Not Happy

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Saturday night i had went to bed and she stays up really late and will get up at 4pm or later.

Friday and Saturday she stays up crazy late. Anyway she is sitting in her recliner and hears something in the kitchen cabinets that we keep junk in.

Come to find out we have a mouse. We are surrounded by woods and fields. I told her if i kill all the snakes we are going to have mice from time to time. Put down traps and get rid of them. Or a cat.

Only problem with a cat Bear would lick it to death.

I asked her do you want snakes or mice. She looked at me and told me either. I told her we need to move to the city then we could have rats.

She does not think i am funny.

However my new shop has no mice. I left a piece of bread on the floor and left it a month and nothing ate it. However i have seen snake skins in it.

Around here its one or the other. LOL

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good luck catching him, we had one last year, I put glue traps everywhere, even lined the floor of our little pantry, maybe 3ftx3ft. used to find mouse poop on the glue traps, don't know how he got out in middle of the trap and pooped and didn't get stuck. finally put poison out and never saw him again, wife was mad we would smell him for months, never saw or smelled him, but his little pellet trail disapeared........
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mice discoverd they could squeeze into the kitchen thru the space around where the gas line comes in for the stove. Happend during the cold weather in winter. After some steel wool packing and a few peanut butter traps wife was satisfied.

Wife satisfaction around here is a fleeting thing. Pest control is another matter.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    No matter how much food the mice have, peanut butter will draw them into a trap. I use stainless steel, steel wool to plug up holes. I found out one thing, expanding foam insulation doesn't even slow them down. I have a Cat and three Terriers, Mice, and Rats aren't much of a problem for long. In the house is a whole other thing, too many tiny places to hide in, the dogs go nuts.
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peanut Butter in a trap = DRT

However if you have a cat, inside = cat watching mice.

Cat outside = no mice

Love or hate cats they are a very useful critter. As long as you have dog to kill or run off coyotes. However owls like cats also.
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Cat outside = no mice

Love or hate cats they are a very useful critter. As long as you have dog to kill or run off coyotes. However owls like cats also.
    As do fox, mink, and a variety of other critters.

Used to pick up road killed cats for bait in dirt hole sets.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this much, Dave.
    If your wife is not happy, either are you! ;)
    Time to rid your house and yard of all mice and mouse like critters! NOW!
    As far as snakes.........You can tell her you eradicated them too. Then act surprised if she sees one! :lol:
    This, from chapter 1 of Ed's school of happy marriages....... :D
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best trap I ever had, I believe was d-con. Sorry they are in Va. house. Black plastic with little step trigger and round cup below it in center. Put peanut butter in tiny cup, little smaller than a dime. Foolproof and easy to set, just squeeze. (sometimes the old Victors are tricky to set) Never seen a mouse escape or rob the bait.
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    diver-rig wrote:

Cat outside = no mice

As do fox, mink, and a variety of other critters.

Used to pick up road killed cats for bait in dirt hole sets.

I agree that there are other critters as well. The shorter range animals once they are gone it takes a while to propagate an area. But them there coyotes can travel and do not see them for many nights. Digging a hole will catch even kids that their parents will frown upon now days.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this much, Dave.
    If your wife is not happy, either are you! ;)
    Time to rid your house and yard of all mice and mouse like critters! NOW!
    As far as snakes.........You can tell her you eradicated them too. Then act surprised if she sees one! :lol:
    This, from chapter 1 of Ed's school of happy marriages....... :D

My ex had fits 'cause she knew I was bringing them home. Picked up a big bull snake on the way home from work one morning, but didn't have anything to put it in. Soooo, I just tossed it in the back of the Jeep and left all the doors open when I got home. She asked why the doors were open. It was well over a month before she got in the Jeep again.