In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More random shootings ?

Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Is it just me or is there an increase in random/planned and executed shooting taking place?

A shooting in Baltimore, one in CA at a synagogues, several shot at two separate homes which may be connected, some jock pick shot, etc. These have taken place in California, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kansas, New Mexico, Alabama, Missouri, etc. have taken place recently and are getting lots of exposure on the news channels...maybe 'cause it's not just Chicago.

All this provides talking points for the firearm abolitionists, mostly in the Democrat party for the 2020 election. Seems like the media is 'preping the people' to support destruction of the 2nd Amendment.

Blaming the tool used will not eliminate the problem as had been proven again and again.

:twisted:

The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:

Comments

• Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's the NRA position on these shootings? What are they doing? Is the NRA taking the fight to keep and bear arms seriously?

NOPE, they are spending your hard earned money on scare tactic propaganda on Youtube and other places.

If you were armed you have a better chance at stopping this from spreading to epidemic proportions.

First reason is the bad guy would not repeat
    Second is that others may think twice
  • Options
    GilWilson1GilWilson1 Member Posts: 182
    edited November -1
    Sorry should have posted my last post here.

I think if we sentence them immediately it might make them think twice but some are so crazed they really don't care.

I just don't know other than attempting to better identify mental illness, many of these people have been treated and diagnosed with mental illnesses but still it is clearly impossible to prevent a person from obtaining the means to cause harm.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    What's the NRA position on these shootings? What are they doing? Is the NRA taking the fight to keep and bear arms seriously?

NOPE, they are spending your hard earned money on scare tactic propaganda on Youtube and other places.

If you were armed you have a better chance at stopping this from spreading to epidemic proportions.

It does not matter in the least what the "NRA position on these shootings." Is.

Perhaps in your mind it does. Not to mine, as I give the NRA little credence.
  • Options
    HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    IMO this is mostly backlash from years of liberal thinkers rewriting ethics and morality. To drill down into the problem a little more the liberals have convinced themselves they are morally superior "the ends justify the means". Or in other words, I am so morally superior my sociopathic acts aren't wrong.
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had another school shooting here in NC at UNCC this evening. 2 dead.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whacknut conspiracy theories aside, what IS true is that the media is among those who fervently wish for full gun elimination in this country. To that end, they will continue to splash events like this across their pages and screens to convince us there is a gun violence crisis. They know that publicity creates imitation, which is why they have a policy to NOT show outrageous behavior by sports fans. Yet, knowing this, their policy on shootings is precisely the opposite. Because it fits their agenda.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hessian wrote:
    IMO this is mostly backlash from years of liberal thinkers rewriting ethics and morality. To drill down into the problem a little more the liberals have convinced themselves they are morally superior "the ends justify the means". Or in other words, I am so morally superior my sociopathic acts aren't wrong.

When it comes to all these shooting, DEMOCRATs will always find a way to blame them on Trump.
    If the shooter is a Trump supporter, they will say it is Trumps fault
    If the shooter is a DEMOCRAT, they will say their hatred for Trump inspired them to kill.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:

Wait,.................Is that you riding up on your "White Steed?"

It is,......................... Isn't it?