In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey Ricci

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
The M70 Glenfield looks nice.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/811178381

These are handy little 22 autos.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer the tube fed magazine variant - the venerable model 60 with micro groove rifling...

Unusual to see such an early production piece - and that it's presumably a standard rifled bbl...

I wonder if the after market dragunov style stock meant for the model 60 could be made to fit your gun - or whether it would prove to difficult to alter it to accept detachable mags - they do make a version for the ruger 10/22 so perhaps it could be done.

I am certain that numrich will have a factory finished stock - or that Boyd's will have some delightful furniture (monotoned solid or colored laminate)

The gun just screams for an entry level 3-9X40 scope mounted on it.

Same magazines as the take-down papoose???

10 different 50 boxes of .22 long rifle ammunition - each a different brand or bullet type / architecture or velocity range from mild to wild / cheap to pricey

A sandbagged bench rest first at 50 than at 100 yds - a small flat head screwdriver - a spotting scope - a handful of targets - some circular bright orange stickers on a roll - a westbend digital timer - a yellow action flag - a small towel and a silicon cloth...

Perhaps Williams offers a high vis fiber optic fire sight in green / yellow for your carbine.

Hours of range day fun.

Mike
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mmmmnnnn......................Bowman's Admiral's Platter.

-Kenny Bobby -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Careful there Bud, good seafood might kill one of you land lubbers.hahahahaha. Damn I can type hahahahaha really fast. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Careful there Bud, good seafood might kill one of you land lubbers.hahahahaha. Damn I can type hahahahaha really fast. :mrgreen:

I've spent more vacations and time, up in the Down East Coast of Maine, than you could imagine (12-15 Summer vacations easy.) Lived down in Miami back in the 70's. Several relatives had fishing charters down in the Keys. Could come down fish Deep Sea, whenever I wished.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maine don?t count cause you can?t even get to the beach for all the rocks and Miami?? Were you one of those Cuban Muriel boat lift people ?? Did you know Tony Montana?? Did he ever show you his Wittle Frend ??.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maine don?t count cause you can?t even get to the beach for all the rocks and Miami?? Were you one of those Cuban Muriel boat lift people ?? Did you know Tony Montana?? Did he ever show you his Wittle Frend ??.

Maine Seafood is as good as it gets. Heathen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That 629 didn't do too bad.

If this M70 doesn't sell I'll just keep it and put it back in the barn ;)
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ok but I think it will sell.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hope so.

They are handy little guns, accurate and reliable as good as a 10/22 anyday.
    RLTW

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,665 ******
    edited November -1
    The four magazines are probably worth the starting bid.