In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Do you have one of these jobs ?? Think about being the best or a job maintaining museum exhibits.

droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
This is the good news
Overall, the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimated that employment will be up more than 7 percent in 2026. The agency previously said Opens a New Window. health care, health care support, construction and personal care fields would be amongst the fastest-growing occupations from 2012 to 2022.

This is the not so good news, job training in your future.
Here's a list of the 25 occupations (in order) that will be hit the hardest by 2026.
    Locomotive firers Respiratory therapy technicians Parking enforcement workers Word processors and typists Watch repairers Electronic equipment installers and repairers, motor vehicles Foundry mold and coremakers Pourers and casters, metal Computer operators Telephone operators Mine shuttle car operators Electromechanical equipment assemblers Data entry keyers Postmasters and mail superintendents Electrical and electronic equipment assemblers Coil winders, tapers, and finishers Grinding and polishing workers, hand Timing device assemblers and adjusters Switchboard operators, including answering service Prepress technicians and workers Drilling and boring machine tool setters, operators, and tenders, metal and plastic Textile knitting and weaving machine setters, operators, and tenders Milling and planing machine setters, operators, and tenders, metal and plastic Forging machine setters, operators, and tenders, metal and plastic Legal secretaries

See any surprises in the above list?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/fastest-disappearing-jobs-in-us

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    watch repair???? figured most just threw em away and bought new ones.....

telephone operators? must mean telemarketers...

postmaster, and mail supervisors, I figured they had enough now to last the next 20 years...
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTH is a Locomotive firers? If they mean a Locomotive Fireman, that position was phased out years ago. Also, the fireman really had no job to do when the steam engines were replaced by diesels.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been going on since the industrial revolution started. Henry Ford made cars and people that made harness, buggy whips, buggies, buggy wheels and liveries started to lose jobs and/or close. It has accelerated as the pace of technological change has accelerated. While Trump made campaign promises about bringing back the mining jobs, it will never happen because mining becomes more and more automated and is done differently.
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey! I had a job maintaining museum exhibits. I was associate curator at the New York State Military Museum . Retired with thirty four years service. I got paid to play with historic guns and swords and military stuff. Plus we had a close working relationship with all U.S. Military Museums. Once at West Point, I was helping out and standing around holding Gen. Eisenhower's five star blouse, and the buckskin jacket that George Custer decided to leave behind.

On another occasion I got to handle Geronimo's rifle, and Hitler's gold plated PPK .... and Napoleon's sword that was given to the U.S. by Charles de Gaulle.

Best job I ever had..like a kid in a candy store. :D
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    ltcdoty wrote:
    Hey! I had a job maintaining museum exhibits. I was associate curator at the New York State Military Museum . Retired with thirty four years service. I got paid to play with historic guns and swords and military stuff. Plus we had a close working relationship with all U.S. Military Museums. Once at West Point, I was helping out and standing around holding Gen. Eisenhower's five star blouse, and the buckskin jacket that George Custer decided to leave behind.

On another occasion I got to handle Geronimo's rifle, and Hitler's gold plated PPK .... and Napoleon's sword that was given to the U.S. by Charles de Gaulle.

Best job I ever had..like a kid in a candy store. :D

Very cool!!!