In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What kind of gun is that??

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
What kind of firearm/optic combo is setting on the crate of ammo? These are some of the military folks in Venezuela that are making a stand against Maduro.
AP19120601575265.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is one of those 5.7 FN uppers for an AR action. See the magazine with small cartridges crossways. Venezuela is shown to have real P90s, so ammo would be in inventory.

The sight may be a Trijicon reflex or copy thereof.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will buy that appraisal - and note the optics and the suppressor and the key mod multi plane accessory fore end - it's a modern modular platform and most def not a standard man port infantry TO&E item...

Mike
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a great illustration why most 3rd world country's suck at fighting.

The biggest weak point of a belt fed weapon is its ammo. Piling ammo like that is very stupid. I would crush any of my soldier who piled ammo up like that. It needs to be in a safe clean environment.

Also look at the gun positions...................They are on top of barricades. Bad idea. They should be at the base of the barricades or have over head cover and left and right cover. Typical.

I think I could conquer the whole of South America with a BN of the Mississippi national guard and we could stay drunk the whole time.

FN 5.7 upper on an AR and a FN Mag.
    RLTW

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    This is a great illustration why most 3rd world country's suck at fighting.

The biggest weak point of a belt fed weapon is its ammo. Piling ammo like that is very stupid. I would crush any of my soldier who piled ammo up like that. It needs to be in a safe clean environment.

Also look at the gun positions...................They are on top of barricades. Bad idea. They should be at the base of the barricades or have over head cover and left and right cover. Typical.

I think I could conquer the whole of South America with a BN of the Mississippi national guard and we could stay drunk the whole time.

FN 5.7 upper on an AR and a FN Mag.

Now you are just Showing Off. :o:D

I was going to comment on the Big * pile of ammunition. (Expecting a Firefight?)
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is just a DANDY tactical position ya got there. Be a shame if sumpin' happened to it....

I would point out the a frag rolled over the top of that Jersey barrier now has a nice hard CURVED surface to reflect the shock wave AND the frag onto them what is hunkering beside it. Bad ju-ju. And being piled right up again it, you are inviting your opponent to play whack-a-mole when you pop your little head up to see what's happening.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I had the mag pegged as being of the P90 variety, but the rest of it was throwing me for a loop.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that I saw the video of that position; it was on an overpass, & a group of motorcycle police were staging on the street below.

That would explain why the soldier in the background could safely walk upright.

Neal
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice touch on the 2nd guy having the flash suppressor of his weapon jammed hard against the concrete barrier.
    Perhaps it?s a training video on how to screw up in a big hurry.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?m sure the one on the right is an Aunt of mine who knits a scarf for Me at Christmas.Zoom in :lol: