In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pre-kahr thompson 1927 vs post karh question

redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Ask the Experts
hello, I have a Thompson 1927 a1 carbine that I was going to sell at a local gun show for a grand, but a enthusiast informed me that he thought I could get much for it because it is a pre-karh Thompson and that the karhs are pieces of crap! (and this guy owns one and hates it!) in other words after karh took over production the quality went to hell and I had 2 other dealers that confirmed that. im thinking this may be similar to the Remington made marlins as far as one being worth more than the other? does anyone know if the pre-kahr guns are bring more bucks?, im sure if this is true that once everyone catches on that they will surely bring more in the future? any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    Auto Ordnance of West Hurley N.Y.. Was the name of the outfit, who made the Tommy Guns. Prior to selling out to Kahr in the late 90's. They were a subsidiary, of Numrich Arms/GPC.

Never had any hands on with their Tommy Guns. I didn't think their Colt 1911A1 clones, were up to par. But maybe they had better quality control on the Tommy Guns. As they were way more expensive.
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they all were problematic for some reason