In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It Never Fails

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
For something to happen on long weekend Sunday afternoon. Tenant calls NO air conditioning. Well I tried. Checked fuses..both good. Right power to the unit. Split system outside unit won't run. This will be an easy fix.. capacitor. NOT... changed it out won't come on. Checked the drain pan upstairs in the attic which must have been 150 degrees up there. Pan was dry as a bone. Put it back together and called my service man. Thermostat light is on panal outside.. no flashing lights or anything. Man says most likely the low or high pressure switch. He will be back home tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    100 plus no time to lose AC do you put them up in a hotel?
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saturday got a call from the wife , the air conditioning had crapped out at the house! 98 degrees is no time for it to quit. Closed the gun shop early and rushed home . It started up for me but air coming from vents was about 70 degrees . Shut it down and called my ac guy . He could not get there before Sunday afternoon . Figured Freon was low . Took the window units out of the shop and put them in house slept good . Oh on the way home rear tire exploded on truck and wife had to come get me . Turns out thermal overload had kicked out due to dirty coils now back in business. Went after truck Sunday with ratty old spare . Spare blew about time I pulled in driveway. At least it was home . Mexican garage across the road mounted another tire for me today. Tire company I deal with opens at 8 am plan on being the as soon as I can get there in am . Life ain?t dull that is for sure
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't that a kick in the rear, air conditioners never fail during the winter when they're not used and heaters never fail during the summer when they're not used. Things that make you go hmmm :lol:

I found a couple of portable air conditioners at yard sales that I keep around for just such an occasion. It keeps the tenants happy and I don't have to put them up in motels. Even if you had to buy a new one, it could save you a couple hundred dollars the motel bill. Just something for you to think about that has worked well for me in the past

I also have a couple of portable infrared heaters in case the heaters go out in any of my rentals during the winter. They're taunted as being safe, so I feel comfortable letting a tenant use them temporarily

Good luck with it, I feel for you
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep spare window units for air and oil filled radiant heaters .
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited November -1
    Up and running?? What'd he find??
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited November -1