In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Asking for discounts.....some people lay it on THICK!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
I get asked for discounts from time to time. I don't ever give them because its an auction and to win the item you had to outbid someone else and its not fair to anyone if everyone doesn't stay true to what has been agreed to.

I don't mind people asking for a discount......what I am DISGUSTED by are the over the top sad stories people try to lay out there in order to get a discount. You guys wouldn't believe how pitiful some people try to sound.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Casey, you've never heard about the guy that was convicted of murdering his parents?

He asked the judge for leniency, since he was an orphan.

:?
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have to beg for discounts on something you are trying to buy ................. you probably shouldn't be buying it.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    addendum to sales conditions...asking for discounts or special prices AFTER the sale is completed will result in you being banned and negative feedback possted...READ and UNDERSTRAND sale terms...