In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First time shooting clay targets

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Wow, what fun! My friend bought a MEC thrower and invited me to shoot. I took a little Remington model 17 20 gauge with adjustable choke. I actually did better than I thought I would, hit the first one I shot at. Just shooting by instinct. I may be in the market for a 20 ga. Semiautomatic very soon.

Comments

• Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    watch you will get hooked on it. Its alot of fun up to a point. The the trap police get involved. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Run Away! Run Away! First its the little thrower in the back yard. Its fun so you need a new gun. Then you try Trap and its fun and you need another new gun. Then someone says how about Skeet and you guessed it, another new gun. And then your EVIL friends say wait a minute you haven't tried Sporting clays, well that calls for another new gun. So just stop now or you'll soon be in therapy, broke and divorced from shooting every weekend. But on the bright side - you'll have a lot of neat new Guns! Bob

Forgot to mention you will need a few other things;

Shooting bag to carry all your stuff
    Special shooting glasses with the interchangeable lenses for different light conditions
    Shooting vest to carry your stuff when its not in the bag
    Cases and cases of shells or reloading supplies
    And for the advanced (lazy) Sporting clays shooter your own golf cart to get from station to station and carry stuff
    Oops almost forgot the trailer to get your cart to the clays course

If your still interested let me know and we can talk about all the choke tubes you'll need and whether titanium tubes are better than steel. ;)
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It can be additing...

Careful now.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't mind all the other guys saying it's addictive. I mean you only have one gun and only it when you go hunting right.... :lol::lol: