In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lot of tornadoes last night

Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
East Central Indiana and West Central Ohio were nailed with several different tornadoes causing a lot of damage and injuries. Fortunately, no deaths reported yet.

Here's a link to more of the story.

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Ohio+Tornadoes&qpvt=ohio+tornadoes&FORM=EWRE

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless one sees or experiences a Tornado it is hard to believe how powerful they are. Been in 3 of them. Hopefully never again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update, 1 man was killed in Celina, Ohio when the tornado picked up a car and sent it into his house killing him instantly. There were a total of 9 tornadoes throughout the state, with most of them in this area. There are calling most of the ones in the Dayton area an F3 on the Fujita scale.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This has been a very active tornado season! Sorry to hear there was a death during the recent outbreak in your area!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The vast majority of the public have no idea of the strength of the wind in a tornado.

I've seen straw driven into the side of a wood building and it looked like a porcupine on the outside and on the inside with the straw driven thru the wood walls. Also seen straw driven thru a 8" fence post, sticking out on both sides.

Neighbor had an asphalt shingle driven half way thru the windshield on his pickup ... half outside and half inside and never cracked the windshield. He drove it that was for several years with the asphalt shingle in the windshield.

I've seen it demolish brick, wood, concrete and steel buildings, silos and grain bins.

The power of the wind is awesome!

The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just listening to the news. There was a car dealer in north Dayton that had 2 cars picked up by the tornado and sheet metal was slid under the tires.

The fellow that was killed was 81 years old, asleep in bed and probably never knew what hit him. :(
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One day, someone will figure out what causes these weather cycles. I don't expect weather patterns to stabilize any time soon. :o