In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No socks

SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
It is prom season here for all of the high schools. The local paper posts the prom pictures on line.

I have been seeing more and more guys with pants that are short "high waters" we use to call them and no socks.

Now if they had longer pants and wore no socks you may not notice.

It just looks so stupid to be all dressed up and no socks.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its in "style" and yes it looks stupid. I believe it is considered "Hipster" like a man bun weird groomed beards and mustaches, vests and other crap. Its all about getting attention and getting people to look at you.

I ignore them, its the best revenge.
    RLTW

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A year ago it was calf-high black socks with shorts. Teen life is one of extremes: what is a "must have" now would have gotten you ridiculed a year ago, and will again in another year.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    A year ago it was calf-high black socks with shorts. Teen life is one of extremes: what is a "must have" now would have gotten you ridiculed a year ago, and will again in another year.

Yes... kind of like the hippie look of the 60s and 70s with their tie-dyed t-shirts, flare bottoms, flower power shirts, love beets, peace signs and women wearing no bras

Oh wait a second, women wearing no bras was not a stupid look :D
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fasion is passion...

They even wear red socks in Boston.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saved a bunch of money on socks back in the early 60's when sockless was in style.