In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I may have to move somewhere else!

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Whew! HOT thank God the humidity hasn't hit yet, normally when it is 90 plus our humidity is ungodly but so far the temps have been above normal and humidity hasn't matched it yet.

Feels like 105 but if we had our normal humidity it would be much worse.

Charleston SC in the summer LOL

Time to go back to the waterfalls!
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are many reasons to live in South Carolina but June, July and August are not one of those reasons!!
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Climate and weather are the reasons early man was migratory...

Now we have hvac to keep it real.
    "What is truth?'
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im gonna have to steal this from you! :D
    dreher wrote:
    There are many reasons to live in South Carolina but June, July and August are not one of those reasons!!
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you move don't move to Augusta, GA or Jackson, MS if you're looking for relief from the heat. That's 2 of the hottest places I've ever lived.
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's not the heat so much as the mosquitos :lol:
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dreher wrote:

Thank the Good Lord everyday and twice on Sunday that you're in South Carolina and not in the southern arid regions of California, Arizona or New Mexico. I was just there this past June and the temp was about 115 to 120 with a 25 to 30 mph sustained wind...and if there was any humidity in that Devil's furnace, you could not prove it by me.
    What's next?
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    you can come up here and watch the snow melting in the mountains,,,
  • HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited May 2019
    kimi wrote:
    dreher wrote:

Thank the Good Lord everyday and twice on Sunday that you're in South Carolina and not in the southern arid regions of California, Arizona or New Mexico. I was just there this past June and the temp was about 115 to 120 with a 25 to 30 mph sustained wind...and if there was any humidity in that Devil's furnace, you could not prove it by me.

I grew up in So. Cal. Kind of an "I walked to school five miles uphill both ways" type story, but back in the day (the fifties and sixties) air conditioning wasn't a normal thing, it was a luxury for most people. Commuting an hour or more a day sitting in traffic with no AC was normal. Coming home to a hot house was normal. School classrooms had no AC, you were lucky if they had any circulation. If you've never known anything different, you accept it. Ninety degree temperatures all night long wasn't unusual. We'd be outside playing in 115 degree weather. I've spent some time in places with high humidity, but there is nothing like the high desert or Death Valley in mid-summer, a few hours of the sun will make you or break you. I worked on a pipeline in the northern Mojave Desert, We kept an open top 55 gallon drum 2/3 full of water to dunk people who had passed out. Our safety briefing was to get them cooled down quick or they are going to die.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After 34 years in northern Utah, you could not get me back to the Southeast. Or anywhere else that has hot jello instead of air.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimi wrote:
    dreher wrote:

I spent a couple of years in 29 Palms California working construction on the base. And of course we couldn't start working until 7 in the morning. that was miserable...

But not as miserable as when I was working down in Monterrey Nuevo Nuevo Leon Mexico. The average temperatures was about a hundred degrees with on 85% humidity. That high temperature and humidity is a lot worse then the dry heat

In fact we finished up the contract in Monterey Nuevo Leon Mexico and went straight to 29 Palms, and we all thought that 120-125 Heat with no humidity what's great compared to Monterey Nuevo Leon Mexico's lower temperatures but higher humidity.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    No humidity here to speak of ever. I think I recall one summer day when it hit above 70% at a temp above 70 degrees.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't like the summer heat of S.C. but the good people of S.C. cannot be beat. We are proud to live in the Bible Belt!!! And the winters are WONDERFUL!!!!!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hardly any humidity today. Not an issue usually. SC folks don't mind if you visit. Tourism is huge here. Eat our BBQ , swim in the ocean, make fun of the way we talk and then GO HOME.