Comments

• wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,968
    edited November -1
    Anyone know what possesed this dude to do this bizzare thing?

Why are folks doing this crazy stuf?
    "What is truth?'
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    it is my opinion that shooters minutes of fame be reduced to an immediate agonizng death broadcast live from the town square and after a slow miseable death the remains be left to rot.......either by slowing pulling him up by the neck as many times as possible before his death or a mechancial slow quartering pulling all four of his limbs slowly off like in the middle ages.....tv and movies glamourize violence so lets give perps a real show...instead of 20 years of appeals
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 11,089 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need to realize politicization if these shootings by DEMOCRATs and the media is the new norm rather than condolences, prayers, and healing.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The why they are doing these shootings is obvious. A total lack of "common sense" gun laws in this country. If we had good, reasonable gun laws like they have in Europe these things would not happen. If the people in the south and those people in fly over country, and those Bible pounders could only be denied the right to vote, the communist party (demoncraps) could take care of all our problems with gun violence in one election cycle. The real problem is all these people who are not politically correct. Once we, the communist party, gets total control, we will make use of re-education facilities. Most of these mentally inferior people will be able to be re-educated in a two to three year period of time. All those who are still in our facilities for five years and still not re-educated will be put down for the safety of our communistic society.

Sorry, I have no clue how to do a green font.

I fixed it for ya :D
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    work place violence.. perp described as disgruntled employee....what caused the perp to go nuts is unknown.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 12,900 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It wasn't the guy's fault. The gun did it.

I had a couple of my guns break out of the safe the other night and nearly went on a shooting rampage. Luckily I caught them before they stole my truck.

It was one of my cute little Swedish Mauser's that jimmy'd the door along with one of my * assault rifles. You know the type, the ones with a big banana clip that those Swed's are wild about. You just can't be to careful. I've had to put a chain around the safe now with a pad lock in addition to the combination lock.
  • kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Officers found victims on all three of the building's floors, Cervera said. They also found a .45-caliber handgun with large empty magazines and a silencer.

"The suspect was reloading extended magazines in that handgun, firing at victims throughout the building and at our officers," Cervera said.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In other parts of the world they do this with machetes and/or swords, it's not a firearm problem but a person problem ;)
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a fortunate thing that he didn't use a semi-auto rifle, the carnage would likely have been far worse. I find it interesting that he used a suppressor, (wondering if it was home made or legally purchased) demonstrating some firearms knowledge but chose not to use a rifle or rifle caliber pistol. More and more it seems these active shooters are opting to stay alive and shoot it out with police rather than ending it themselves.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:
    We need to realize politicization if these shootings by DEMOCRATs and the media is the new norm rather than condolences, prayers, and healing.

LSM here soft pedaling this story. No ID

Yep most likely one them.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dewayne-craddock.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Mr. Craddock, 40, died in a shootout with the police. Here is what we know about him:

? Mr. Craddock worked as an engineer in the Department of Public Utilities, the city?s water and sanitary sewer services branch, for about 15 years. Mr. Craddock had a bachelor?s degree in civil engineering from Old Dominion University and worked for private firms as an engineer before his job with the city, according to employment records.

? According to court records, Mr. Craddock had no obvious criminal record, only some traffic violations over the years.

? Virginia Beach Police Chief James Cervera said Mr. Craddock was armed with at least one weapon, a .45-caliber handgun that had a sound suppressor attached to it. He used an extended magazine, which held more ammunition than standard models.
    RLTW

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As one of our "protected" class, I'm sure the media will transfer the blame to the "White Male Dominated" society. It has to be the fault of our social differences.

We really need to bring back the mental institutions and actually use them. :x :x
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bubba makes a good point.

In many mass murders, we later learn that lots of people knew that the perp was mentally disturbed. But, no one did anything about them. I guessing that will be the case with the VB shooting.

To be labelled a "prohibited person", you must have been committed to a mental institution, or adjudged a "mental defective". In either case, it's difficult to put someone away, or, at least, put them on the prohibited list. We need to do better. You would think that this would get bipartisan support, but neither party has interest in developing legislation. It should be pretty easy; even I could do it. You'd almost think that our politicians want mass murders, because that gives them an opening for those vote-getting gun control bills.

Neal
  • serfserf Member Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    The left Media does (NOT) pick up on the perpetrator when he/she is not white.Of course, they will scream gun control for the common citizen, however.It's all about morality but Heck even President Trump is celebrating Rainbow pride day now. :shock: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/31/trump-celebrates-lgbt-pride-month-urges-world-to-decriminalize-homosexuality

serf
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    He used an extended magazine, which held more ammunition than standard models.
    Oh no! A .45 with extended magazine! Who wants to bet that it was a 1911 with a 10 round magazine?

Wait! Couldn?t have been a 1911 - all them shots without a jam?
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn sorry story- Another disturbed person kills a dozen innocents for what the hell was going on in his messed up mind-
    Prayers to the families many times.
    And now the leftists lunitics go gun crazy -
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:

Good to see that no one here is politicizing these things. :roll:
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He was also a veteran s I am sure someone will research that angle and look for a PTSD connection. Gov Northram would love to install NY style gun control in VA, and with the entire general Assembly up in 2020 the Dems may get their chance. There is a razor thin majority for republicans at this point and they have managed to kill all the gun control bills in committee, but soon it may be out of their control. In VA it takes the issuance of a Temporary Detention order , committing someone for up to 72 hours for evaluation in order to become a prohibited person.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,604 ******
    edited November -1
    I was there just a couple of hours before it happened but left in time. Naturally, Gov. Northam flew in for a "Photo Op" and harped about stricter gun laws being needed. No law could have stopped this from happening. The shooter had no criminal record and bought his guns legally. He was carrying two .45 caliber semi-auto handguns.

This happened only about 300 yards from the main Police Department Precinct and shows how cops can not be everywhere. They did a great job stopping the shooter, however, and saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial.
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was 30 miles away. knew some of the people. sad..........
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 18,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    our prayers go out to the family and friends

never who when some one will just snap with no warning , but we know it will blamed on the guns and as stated some hidden psds or anti white agenda for holding him back , it also shoots a few holes in just whites do mass shootings per the left and liberal news I know they will play down he was not white
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,433 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    At 1:10 in the video
    Soooo still don?t think the bumpstock ban was no big deal? This guy is no friend of the 2nd Amendment. If he can ban bumpstocks by decree he could do it with silencers or anything else ?he doesn?t like.? While silencers are a regulated item and would take Congress to actually ban them, if Congress put up a bill to do so, I believe he would support it. You know anti gun Democrats will take it to heart and try to ban them or restrict them more because he doesn?t like them.
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,668
    edited November -1
    Where is the NRA on this? One might think this would be a perfect opportunity to advocate for carrying a firearm. If any one of them had been armed, the situation could have been immediately stopped.

Now this place was pretty much next to the police dept from what I hear. How about other businesses that are much farther away, and not the "elite" government worker? How long will it take to respond? Not long if I am carrying.

You NRA members and defenders need to be on the phone and emailing your beloved "protection" company and get them into action. This is where educating the dumb masses will pay off. Free advertising and education on proper gun control...steady hands, breathing, and target acquisition. It would save lives and promote a healthy attitude towards firearms. The left has no problem exploiting a tragedy to grab your guns, the NRA should be using this as an opportunity to promote personal protection and civic responsibility.

But NRA will most likely cower in the shadows and apologize to the gun grabbers.
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just saw article that the shooter resigned from job the morning of the shotting. He had been in a "violent" workplace incident and was going to be disciplined for it.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    Where is the NRA on this? One might think this would be a perfect opportunity to advocate for carrying a firearm. If any one of them had been armed, the situation could have been immediately stopped.

Now this place was pretty much next to the police dept from what I hear. How about other businesses that are much farther away, and not the "elite" government worker? How long will it take to respond? Not long if I am carrying.

You NRA members and defenders need to be on the phone and emailing your beloved "protection" company and get them into action. This is where educating the dumb masses will pay off. Free advertising and education on proper gun control...steady hands, breathing, and target acquisition. It would save lives and promote a healthy attitude towards firearms. The left has no problem exploiting a tragedy to grab your guns, the NRA should be using this as an opportunity to promote personal protection and civic responsibility.

But NRA will most likely cower in the shadows and apologize to the gun grabbers.

The NRA is in damage control mode right now after Ackerman McQueen ditched them. All that money LaPierre spent on non NRA related stuff has him and the rest of the NRA worried about losing their non profit status and getting an IRS audit. Besides the NRA supported the bumpstock ban, they could care less about NFA items so long as mah huntin guns aren?t touched.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -