In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Total disregard for wildlife management

remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Colorado man banned for life from hunting fishing and trapping. Apparently this is his third time being caught, not counting the many times that he wasn't.

Although I think he deserves it, I doubt it will stop him. It hasn't stopped in yet

https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/colorado-man-lifetime-ban-hunting-fishing-trapping.amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/colorado-man-lifetime-ban-hunting-fishing-trapping

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,575 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my guess also he will continue to do it ,
    to me just like drunks or druggies on the road ( or even saved with narcan countless times ) and unlicensed drivers still keep driving and or getting stoned oh toss in uninsured driers odds are in there favor of not getting caught or facing any real penalties
    our country has bent over kissing there butts no one has the money and recourse to house ( prison ) for all of them so let them go and the public deal with them
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the paper, he was sentenced BEFORE to 27 months in a Fed prison.
    That didn't stop him, so you think apiece of paper with a "don't do it again" warning will???
    Lock his butt up.

""Bodnar has been the subject of illegal hunting investigations before. In 2008, he was convicted of conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act of 1900, which prohibits selling or trading wildlife or fish that has been possessed illegally, and received 27 months in federal prison.""
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are statutory limits on what a judge can sentence. We started putting those limits in place after our experience in England before 1776, when a judge could execute people for stealing a loaf of bread. It's probably a good thing. Justice isn't always fair.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    There are statutory limits on what a judge can sentence. We started putting those limits in place after our experience in England before 1776, when a judge could execute people for stealing a loaf of bread. It's probably a good thing. Justice isn't always fair.

Very true BUT,

Everybody knows that a federal grand jury could indite a ham sandwich if it wants to.
    And the Feds have over a 90% conviction rate.
    It would be easy to sentence a POS like him to a long term by separate charges then running the sentences one after the other.
    Repeat offender, career criminal, conspiracy, and other "words" add up to a long stay in the grey bar hotel.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think something like this might get the message across if properly placed

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk6JCCEpqCc[/media]
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its too late now but early in his career he should have moved to LA or NY where he could hunt people.

I understand its much more challenging.

...and the penalties are less severe.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a ban? It's not like dudes behind bars or got an ankle bracelet to track his *. He'll do it again but will he be caught again?
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Public executions and floggings seemed to be effective deterents and entertainment in the old times...
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    Justice should also be swift. For extreme crime, death row inmates should not be on the taxpayer dime waiting for punishment.
    3 hots and a cot with guards and a roof costs big money.
    "What is truth?'