In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any indoor range members

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
So a very large (75,000sq ft) indoor gun store just popped up here in Orlando. It has one unique feature about its location being it is directly in my route from home to work.

They have two stories of bays, indoor 100yd rifle range, simulators, and lots of guns and accessories-lots.

A non-member lane rental is $20/hr

And there are a half dozen tiers of membership. I am kicking around the ?gold? membership @$500/yr.
A lane is only $5 every visit- guests are 50% off, training courses are discounted, and I believe ammo is 10% off. So I?d probably at least break even on $500/yr which includes NRA membership.

I don?t really care for indoor shooting but I think this would just get me lots more trigger time throughout the year. The downside- $500 buys alot of reloading supplies.
Not sure where I?ll land but I doubt Ill be able to drive past this place daily and not go shooting.

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited November -1
    For comparison,here a link to the indoor range near me. We have not signed up yet,but have used the range. Very nice indeed.

https://zeroin-isc.com/
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    $500 up front and $5 per visit, vs 20$/hr.

the equation is 500 + 5*X = 20*H*X
    where X is the number of visits and H is the hours spent each time.
    solved for X it is

100/(4*H - 1) = X

1 hour per visit= break even after 33 visits. (~~once every other week for a year)

2 hours per visit= break even after 14 visits. (~~little over once a month for a year)

3 hours per visit= break even after 9 visits. (~~little under once a month for a year)

if you go there every day after work and spend 3 hours, they are going to start to hate you after 2 weeks.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our new state-of-the-art facility in Kennesaw is more than just the average shooting range. We are proud to offer a more versatile experience to our shooters with features like the only Indoor Sporting Clay range in the nation, 100-yard high power rifle lanes, and more!

35,000 square foot Indoor Shotgun Field
    32 Indoor Pistol & Rifle Lanes
    Three 100 Yard Indoor High Power Rifle Lanes with Self Healing Lomah Target System
    Large, High-End Retail Showroom
    Situational Training Simulator (STS) Firearm Safety Training System
    30 Yard/2,900 sf Indoor Archery Field
    20 Yard Virtual Archery Simulator
    6,000 sf Main Dining Area For Conventions & Private Events
    Members Lounge With 2 Full-Service Bars and Pool Tables
    Member Lockers and Wine Storage Available
    1,400 sf Exclusive Rooftop Patio
    Gunsmith, Bowtech & Machine Shop Services
    700 sf Educational Classroom
    Executive Conference Room Accommodating Up To 20 Guests

Stop in and say Hi...

e376765a52363585de8dd4c6a7b68863.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sweet! That sounds cool. Glad to see you post sir.

Cheers-
    CaptFun wrote:
    Our new state-of-the-art facility in Kennesaw is more than just the average shooting range. We are proud to offer a more versatile experience to our shooters with features like the only Indoor Sporting Clay range in the nation, 100-yard high power rifle lanes, and more!

Three 100 Yard Indoor High Power Rifle Lanes with Self Healing Lomah Target System

Stop in and say Hi...

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    Sweet! That sounds cool. Glad to see you post sir.

Cheers-
    CaptFun wrote:

Stop in and say Hi...

That is nice!

I think that if your involved with it, It will be Great! ;)
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Warbirds, go ahead and give a plug to the new shop in Orlando. I might go there myself, unless it involves entering the I-4 "death zone" between US 192 and E. Colonial. They couldn't pay me $500 a year to make that drive.

Nice to see you posting again, Captain. When describing the Kennesaw shooting range, I noticed that you used the word we. Is this what you are doing these days?
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******
    edited November -1
    Compared to joining a country club, that?s a bargain.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark it is shooters world it is located real close to the Kirkmen and Conroy intersection I drive by it everyday also

https://www.shootersworld.com/orlando/
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We got 10 visit tickets for $150 a couple of years ago. Good for hand gun shooting in the winter or on windy days when it is no fun to be on the out door range or on the West Mesa shooting in an arroyo. At 75 yards the range is pretty useless for rifles, though they are allowed.
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Up here in New York State on the Vermont border, I belong to two clubs with indoor ranges. Nice clean facilities, cost one hundred dollars a year membership at the bigger of the two clubs, ( eight hundred members ). The other charges thirty dollars a year,( about a hundred members ) Members are given a key card and have access 24/7. One club charges two dollars a visit...the other club there is no charge for daily use.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First time I shot my S&W 500 Mag was at an indoor range near the farmers market at Forrest Park, GA. They put me on the rifle side of the range and the muzzle blast from the first shot brought the 2' x 4' fluorescent light fixture cover down on my head. I thought somebody had hit me with something and spun around to see what was happening. 2 people had just walked into the room at the exact same time that I shot and they jumped back against the wall like they had been shot. There was dust flying around every where. After a second or two we all realized what had happened and the guys started laughing.

I came out looking like a coal miner with all the dust and gun powder residue that had built up over the years. I keep to the outdoors these days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That?s the place!

Maybe we can all get together there one afternoon.

Also- I?ve been shooting the Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club ?Summer Speed League? steel match out near Lake Nona every Wednesday- it takes some work for me to get there though. I will be there tomorrow (Wednesday 6/26) (this match is on practiscore). I shoot in squad 2.

Last- I have shot an ?outlaw? USPSA match 1st Monday of every month at Orlando Gun Club on Colonial Dr in Ocoee. I?ll be there evening of July 1st as well. (Found on their website, not practiscore).
    savage170 wrote:
    Mark it is shooters world it is located real close to the Kirkmen and Conroy intersection I drive by it everyday also

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    That?s the place!

Maybe we can all get together there one afternoon.

Also- I?ve been shooting the Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club ?Summer Speed League? steel match out near Lake Nona every Wednesday- it takes some work for me to get there though. I will be there tomorrow (Wednesday 6/26) (this match is on practiscore). I shoot in squad 2.

Last- I have shot an ?outlaw? USPSA match 1st Monday of every month at Orlando Gun Club on Colonial Dr in Ocoee. I?ll be there evening of July 1st as well. (Found on their website, not practiscore).
    savage170 wrote:

Despite the onerous drive, I'd love to get together. After an 8 month wait on the tax stamp, my Glock carbine is finally registered, and I need to shoot it.
    OWxXF0al.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    Amazingly we don't have an indoor range worth bragging about around here. We have one in Spokane that is decent and one in Post Falls that is passable and that's about it. Sad really.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amazingly we don't have an indoor range worth bragging about around here. We have one in Spokane that is decent and one in Post Falls that is passable and that's about it. Sad really.

We have a great range here in Yakima. They even rent full auto. I tried out an RPK.
    https://www.therangellc.com/
  • Options
    RIA10MMRIA10MM Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds, any caliber size restrictions ?
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RIA10MM wrote:
    Warbirds, any caliber size restrictions ?
    From their website

Pistol Range

Shooters World is proud to boast 27 indoor pistol range lanes in Tampa. Each pistol lane is 25yds in length. All of our pistol shooting range lanes will accommodate firearms chambered up to and including 308 Winchester / 7.62?51 NATO. Each pistol shooting range has electronically controlled target system allowing the shooter to control his/her target distance from the firing line out to 25yds.

Pistol Range Lane Pricing: $20.00 per hour per person

Rifle Range

Shooters World provides the most comfortable rifle shooting range experience! Offering seven one-hundred yard lanes, Shooters World is home to Florida?s unrivaled indoor rifle range.

While our pistol ranges will accommodate various calibers up to 308 Winchester, our rifle shooting range is capable of handling any caliber up to, and including, the formidable 50BMG! No more waiting for your target to cycle back and forth to verify bullet placement. Every shooter is provided with an electronic ?spotter,? which digitally ?picks up? your target immediately, and transmits the image to a 9? LCD screen in your shooting stall.

Rifle Range Lane Pricing: $30.00 per hour per person
  • Options
    RIA10MMRIA10MM Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer shooting outside to indoor ranges, just because of the lighting. We have one old, beat up out dated indoor range that I use for impromptu qualifications, it works but it's not great. There is another one that is fairly, one of those fancy mega facilities, like above...too pricey for me. I just shoot out in my woods. Where i work doesn't have it's own range so we have to beg and borrow other Dept's ranges.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:
    I prefer shooting outside to indoor ranges, just because of the lighting. We have one old, beat up out dated indoor range that I use for impromptu qualifications, it works but it's not great. There is another one that is fairly, one of those fancy mega facilities, like above...too pricey for me. I just shoot out in my woods. Where i work doesn't have it's own range so we have to beg and borrow other Dept's ranges.
    Same.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain