In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Here's a Revolver you can't buy yet either

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/819398758
Guys I know it's a Taurus but it is pretty nice.

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem with Taurus is that even though they have a lifetime warranty, if you need to send it in it takes him forever to get it back to you.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    last NIB taurus revolver i bought was a piece of junk and i returned it to local dealer for a refund..found out later they were ceasing that model and had throwed it together out of all the pieces left on their shelves...NO more taurus for me
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem with Taurus is that even though they have a lifetime warranty, if you need to send it in it takes him forever to get it back to you.

You forgot to mention the second and third times you send it back because they never fixed it the first time.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It?s true some Taurus guns do have a safety feature where by they don?t actually shoot but this is pretty nice one.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I would not trust a Taurus pistol to actually shoot, I have a couple of revolvers, one from Ricci, and they go bang each and every time the trigger is pulled. Accuracy is pretty darn good too.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That actually looks nice. I really like the stocks on it.
    RLTW

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    While I would not select a Taurus for personal protection, because there are better guns available for not much more money, my experience with Taurus and their customer service has been positive. I have sent fewer than five to the factory for repair, and each was repaired and returned to me in 2-4 weeks. One was a PT-22 that had no magazine when I sent it in, but it had one when it was returned. No charge.

Ricci, your gun looks like a poor man's Python. Nice grips.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My personal experience has been much better than most here. I have owned several Taurus firearms, I had a problem with one light weight titanium revolver, the cylinder latch would open on firing .357 rounds, I sent it back and it was fixed within a few weeks I received it back.

Not the same quality of service from Kimber or S&W with issues I had with their guns.

Go figure
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've owned one Taurus, a model 85 Ultra-Lite, and I never had any problems out of it. It was a good shooting little gun.