In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Russian man was found alive inside a brown bear den

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Man that had to be one heck of a nightmare. I don't see how he lived through it.

"It kept me to eat later': Russian man 'looking like a mummy' is rescued after spending a MONTH inside a bear den after the predator broke his spine and saved him for a future meal."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7182785/Man-looking-like-mummy-rescued-spending-MONTH-bear-den-Russia.html

Comments

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That article just doesn't read right to me. Several misspelled words and/or out of context words. The guy is certainly a sight, but unless he is also drinking the bears urine, a body just doesn't have enough to keep recycling for a month plus it would get more toxic each time. There might be parts of it that are true, but as a whole my gut tells me this isn't true as reported.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I predict a Spielberg film coming :lol:
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I had found that guy it would have scared the crap out of me when he opened his eyes and started talking.
    RLTW

• Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Soviet Russia, bear have man skin rug in front of fireplace.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That article just doesn't read right to me. Several misspelled words and/or out of context words. The guy is certainly a sight, but unless he is also drinking the bears urine, a body just doesn't have enough to keep recycling for a month plus it would get more toxic each time. There might be parts of it that are true, but as a whole my gut tells me this isn't true as reported.

I didn't check every word for spelling, but it is from a British newspaper and that may account for the difference.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regardless of what the true story may be that man has been through hell and back somehow. :shock:
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say the man took the bear as a lover to produce the 2/3rds of the Man-Bear-Pig. Things got rough and that's how he got a broken back.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******
    edited November -1
    Amazing if even partly true.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    every time the bear thought about going back to eat him, it thought "yuck, gonna pass on that today, go get me some deer"
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1