In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta S56E

B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone supply the current value of good to very good condition Beretta S 56 E (12 gauge full over mod) single trigger? I cannot find any comps anywhere.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a double trigger excellent one sold for $1200, not exactly sure of the date.
  • Options
    rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    I Google'd Beretta S56E. Bunch of info came up, including from the 2 large net forums, that specialize in shotguns. Be advised though, lot of this info emanates from Europe. Because of the stringent gun laws, on the the other side of the pond. Shotguns are some of the only firearms, that the sheeple are allowed to posses in some of these countries.

This scurer their U.S. values. Likely causing them to be much pricyer, over their.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I Google'd Beretta S56E. Bunch of info came up, including from the 2 large net forums, that specialize in shotguns. Be advised though, lot of this info emanates from Europe. Because of the stringent gun laws, on the the other side of the pond. Shotguns are some of the only firearms, that the sheeple are allowed to posses in some of these countries.

This scurer their U.S. values. Likely causing them to be much pricyer, over their.

Thanks Rufe I googled the crap out of it and came up with a lot of info. unfortunately it was from '09 and '12. I was looking for something a little more current.
  • Options
    bvshooterbvshooter Member Posts: 136 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one new in 1969 when I was stationed at Torrejon Air Base Spain. My son has it now. They were $150. Bought a 20 gauge also. Anyway, there were some on Gunbroker a while back that went for around $700 which seems dirt cheap as it is a very good shotgun. Mine had thousands of rounds through it and it still locks up tight today
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bvshooter wrote:
    I bought one new in 1969 when I was stationed at Torrejon Air Base Spain. My son has it now. They were $150. Bought a 20 gauge also. Anyway, there were some on Gunbroker a while back that went for around $700 which seems dirt cheap as it is a very good shotgun. Mine had thousands of rounds through it and it still locks up tight today

I did the same thing 1969 at Aviano AFB in Italy. I bought a 12 ga., and a 20 ga. They were the European versions with sling swivels. I still have them also.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My 12 gauge was a special skeet model , no swivels, and the 20 Ga had swivels..I sure wish I would have purchased a few of those Spaninsh doubles for $70 or less back then. Oh well Thanks for the reply
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bvshooter wrote:
    My 12 gauge was a special skeet model , no swivels, and the 20 Ga had swivels..I sure wish I would have purchased a few of those Spaninsh doubles for $70 or less back then. Oh well Thanks for the reply

We may have crossed paths. I was an aircraft electrician with the 48th TFW, RAF Lakenheath in the UK from 1969 to 72. I did several TDYs to Torrejon and Zaragoza. I hit Wheelus in Libya just before Gaddafi threw us out..I bought and brought back a lot of high quality guns.

I remember rotating home and the British Custom guy asking everyone bringing firearms back to CONUS, step forward. Almost everybody got up and stepped forward. The Limey said he never got use to that.. I told him it was Indian Country west of the Mississippi River... :o
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Very interesting as I was in from 68-72 Went back and forth TDY a bunch to Incirlik Turkey, yuk Dang I wish I would have bought more guns. Sako Finwolfs were $108 at the rod and gun, bringing $1500 now
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bvshooter wrote:
    Very interesting as I was in from 68-72 Went back and forth TDY a bunch to Incirlik Turkey, yuk Dang I wish I would have bought more guns. Sako Finwolfs were $108 at the rod and gun, bringing $1500 now
    Yeah I hit Turkey a couple of times also, besides Aviano. I also brought home a couple of Parker Hale rifles. A couple of Beretta .22 target pistols, and three black powder revolvers in wood cases. Bringing home handguns was a pain in the *. Had to get an export license from The Brits and an import license from ATF. I jumped through all the hoops and when I got to Maguire AFB, customs never even looked in the awol bag I had with several pistols.

Those were the days....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maguire is where I processed out after the 4 years. Looking back I should have stayed in. I shipped 2 Sakos home in the mail. One got stolen and I know who did it but could never prove it. Sorry * neighbor that was driving the mail truck from the hub to our small town. Serial number is 40352 270 Sako L61 Finbear
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Condition on high end is everything Imo.. good -vg. 1000 Found one on another sight in excellent shape for 1495.. hope it helps a litle
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Condition on high end is everything Imo.. good -vg. 1000 Found one on another sight in excellent shape for 1495.. hope it helps a litle
    Thanks for the info Grass
This discussion has been closed.