In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Artificial Intelligence and National Security

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Politics
The article mentions nothing about internal security but the article sure raises the possibility of a smaller force of a nation taking the lead in future warfare and being a force to contend with. And Then losing two-thirds of active military forces means less labor force in the military but more effective offense and defense is a game-changer. Then having fewer citizens then the opposing force is a plus is a startling theory! I think restrictions will be few in the fight for supreme power.

Now how fast this well come on line is the 64,000 question! Larry Summers predicted MEN not women will be the one's with no work also, this should tell you the patriarch model of society is dying fast! Good thing I am the age I am,I won't live to see it.

serf

https://www.belfercenter.org/publication/artificial-intelligence-and-national-security

For economic superiority, we find that advances in AI could result in a new industrial revolution.

Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Larry Summers has predicted that advances in AI and related technologies will lead to a dramatic decline in demand for labor such that the United States ?may have a third of men between the ages of 25 and 54 not working by the end of this half century.?
Like the first industrial revolution, this will reshape the relationship between capital and labor in economies around the world. Growing levels of labor automation might lead developed countries to experience a scenario similar to the ?resource curse.?
Also like the first industrial revolution, population size will become less important for national power. Small countries that develop a significant edge in AI technology will punch far above their weight.

Comments