In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 20 threaded barrel

rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Not sure if this is the right place for this question. I couldn't find anywhere in help to ask it. I had, and sold a Glock 20. I did buy another barrel for it. I have no use for it, and want to sell it. The problem is I'm not sure what the legal portions of this are. I read online that it make the gun a assault weapon, because of the threaded part. Any help would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not aware of any federal statue that makes a standard pistol or pistol bbl illegal or restricted or prohibited solely because it has a threaded end...

The H&K USP is a great example...

I suppose it's possible that some individual state has issues with them - but why???

Threaded bbl does not by itself sound suppress or flash reduce or recoil reduce - there are a number of accessories that can be added other than a silencer...

Mike
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you are going to get two completely contradictory opinions. both of them are online. which one are you going to believe?

while you're at it, don't you think it's odd that the mass media claims they know everything about guns, so they can say they're evil and nobody needs a gun and all guns should be destroyed (except those owned by the police, military, and celebrity/politician bodyguards) trying to influence public opinion to ignore established constitutional rights to do just that,

yet the people who believe that crap have to go to a gun forum to ask specific questions about guns.

why don't they call up CNN and ask them.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think about that statement...

"A Glock model 20 with a threaded bbl is an assault weapon"

No offense but that's close to the semantic definition of stupid.

They just had a police overreach and media panic in Philadelphia

A man's son called police to do a wellness check on his father who had received a bad medical report...

The father was a retired FFL holder and former gun show circuit regular on the east coast

The police arrested him and confiscated his 50 legally purchased firearms - including AR15 and M16 semiautomatic cop killing assault rifles - not only a massive arsenal of military weapons but 20 handguns were taken off the street...

He had 6 inert defused hand grenade display items that that confiscated - military and police grade smoke devices - a section of inert empty metal pipe with end caps (no fuze or holes or detonator) that they are calling an IED and a pipe bomb - the bomb squad was called...

He had hollow point ammunition - they took that and then all of his ammo and reloading equipment...

They called in a haz mat team for having a device purchased from brownells that contained liquid mercury...

The police are now test firing all of the weapons to see if they have been used in a crime - and after confiscating them finding an expert to ascertain if they are illegal...

L&I has put an unsafe to occur order on his house...

The press were interviewing neighbors and asking about school shootings and cop killers and terrorist bombers...

The man has no criminal record - and as a dealer was able to obtain and maintain an FFL

The district attorney will be laying out this massive military weapon arsenal on tables for a press event...

State police were called.

Fire trucks and ambulances were dispatched.

Watch what happens - will he get defended and acquitted or lose his guns and house and freedom and bank account and assets...

Mike