In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Three more tonight

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the oversized finger groove hogue rosewood monogrip on two different Smith and Wesson .357 revolvers...

I have big hands and for range day target practice use or just plinking at a tennis ball hanging from fishing line they are amazing...

Also think they look fantastic - almost completely change the look and lines of a Smith wheelgun...

Mike
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Three gun night?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Radom is drawing nice bids.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That M64 is nice.
    RLTW

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I learned to shoot pistols on 1911 grip angle guns. Since then, all Luger angled grips like S&W, your Browning you have listed, a couple High Standard's that I own, all point to the sky. I try to not go back and forth between the two angles, at least if I am doing any quick shooting. That Buckmark Pistol is sure sharp though.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The grip length and angle on the early colt automatics is interesting - seemingly longer slides and shorter grips - with almost a 90 degree angle...

Some early Spanish clones and patent offshoot semiautomatic pistols also have an odd outline or architecture - some examples with extremely long grip frames and magazines but with shorter slides and barrels in an early attempt to produce higher capacity single stack protected magazine pistols...

The Spanish example with the horseshoe magazine that curves from the base of the frame up to below the end of the barrel might be the most extreme example...

Pinfire revolver with 18 or 24 round capacity - multiple rows of bored through cylinders - almost cartoonish in appearance...

The Luger angled frame is odd - compared to the nambu and lahti and glisenti and also against broomhandle Mauser clones with non grip frame magazine designs.

Something about the random is just not like the others - something there just doesn't belong.

Mike